Two Rock studio pro

What's Hot
cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
edited January 2017 in Amps
Looking for a thick blackface type of sound (in my head at least) so wondering what people think of those?

thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A guy i play with has  a Sensor 22 and it definitely fits the bill of thick blackface, but by deluxe reverb also does it with a creamback speaker swap. 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I don't know how fendery I would say it is
    its lovely but I'm not sure it necessarily sounds like anything else
  • Great amps :) I went from Deluxe Reverb to Studio Pro 35 combo, SP35 head & 1x12 (creamback), Coral 40w & 1x12, then settled on Crystal 40w combo. Might be up for sale soon though  :#
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Definitely a thick, rich blackface inspired tone...and they drive well too..no blacface flub
  • Personally I love mine. I have the SP 35w head which I was running into a 2x12 cab. I have recently put the amp inside a 1x12 combo so I have a more grab and go thing. They sound amazing and take pedals exceptionally well. Despite being a very clean amp, you can get some drive from them if you use the Mid boost pull knob. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    I have a SP22. I love it. The real master volume is round the back, but once you have got your head around that, they are great little amps. Really simple to dial in, but versatile. FX loop works well. It's one amp I don't think I'd ever sell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    thanks guys, will probably pop over at Coda to try those!
  • The Two Rock Studio Pro Plus 35 is, without doubt, the best amp I've ever played through - and, to my ears at least, sounded better than the tremolo-less Studio Pro 35 I tried at the same time, due primarily (I think) to the bigger cab it sits in.

I've been told by some folk around here that the 50w version is even better.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    They are stunning.  I settled on my Studio Pro 35 after a year of searching for the perfect amp.
    Thanks guys, I'm considering passing on my lazy j20 and grab one of those. I know they are totally different amps but band has changed so need pristine cleans at gigging volumes. And can't justify keeping both :(
    Hmmm I've got a studio pro I don't use and have always fancied a Lazy J ....
    Cabicular said:
    Hmmm I've got a studio pro I don't use and have always fancied a Lazy J ....
    Interesting .. tell me more about it!
    I'll PM you