Rig rundowns

watched a few of these over the years by various artists for premier guitar, but this is a classic by Dave Cobb. 
Produced loads of bands and despite his influences has won grammy's for the best country music records over last 5 years. 
Yet comes across as such a regular guitar nut. Please watch, you will just smile all the way. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great watch, only really heard of his stuff with Rival Sons but he seems a huge part of that band. Nice cameo by Jay too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    This was one of my favourites @koneguitarist, what I'd give to do a record in that room with him! 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 966
    That was an interesting watch...don't turn your tweeds up past 3..!

He has some really nice gear and it's good to know the tone quest affect everyone.... :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Never heard of him before but that was enjoyable.  Ended up watching all of it and on the back of it I'm listening to Chris Stapleton's, "Traveller" -- another musician I'd never heard of but really like this too.
  • @Grunfeld check out the album Southern Family as well, it's as near a perfect album as I have ever heard. 
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208

Superb - Great spot.
    Saw Jason Isbell last year and he was a killer guitarist live.
    Loving Southern Family.
    Any other similar recommendations ?
  • Lori McKenna The Bird and the Rifle.
    BJ Barham Rockingham (frontman for American Aquarium)

Also other bands worth checking out are Union sound Treaty and Flatland Cavalry. 
    Karen Jonas has a debut out with some great guitar work by Redd Volkaert but may be a bit too country? 
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208

Thanks - Will check them out.
    Also liking Sturgill Simpson )Metamodern sounds in Country) who is produced by Cobb....Very country but great. 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    That was great! Would love a run down of the control room of the studio too.
  • jimkehoe said:

Thanks - Will check them out.
    Also liking Sturgill Simpson )Metamodern sounds in Country) who is produced by Cobb....Very country but great. 
    Sturgill Simpson sounds just like Waylon Jennings did in early 70's, great voice. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I'd love to see a complete analysis of Malcolm Jones's kit - a full up Runrig rig rundown.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I really enjoy the Rig Rundown videos. It's great to hear the techs or players talk you through their setup. 

That was... until I watched the Nickelback one! Awful.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader

watched a few of these over the years by various artists for premier guitar, but this is a classic by Dave Cobb. 
    Produced loads of bands and despite his influences has won grammy's for the best country music records over last 5 years. 
    Yet comes across as such a regular guitar nut. Please watch, you will just smile all the way. 

I'm building an Esquire just now (had to pause video, I'll watch the rest later) and man that is a nice looking guitar. Pity about the poor "relic" job but I'll bet it plays like silk