Digital pedal power supplies. (powering multiple strymons etc)

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
edited January 2014 in FX
I need to power a mobius and timeline plus a zoom multistomp and a few drives. Been looking at the pedalpower digital and then daisy chaining for the drives.

What do others use/recommend for such requirements?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I has a Moen powerstation, not really for sale, but I can bring it on tuesday and let you see for yourself if it's what you want/need

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    Hi bud,

I have had a few teething issues with my rig since the Strymons. Basically the stick PS they put in the box are rubbish. I was also told by Daniel at gigrig that if you then use a PP2 nearby and mix the PS's you'll get hums. he was right. So, gigrig generator, isolater and timelord are the way forward- all very high quality and well thought out solutions by a pro musician.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    Gigrig Generator, Distibutor and a Timelord isolator or 2 
    Red ones are better. 
  • The gig rig solution gets pretty expensive. Would a hot stone hc or a pedal power digital not do the same thing for less money? ie 4 isolated outputs at 400ma (one for each strymon, one for the multistomp and the last could daisy chain the low draw drive pedals?)
  • Voodoo Lab 4x4. Keep everything isolated.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited January 2014
    I personally use a Hot Stone Deluxe from Andertons. Although I have no output for a third Strymon, it has just the 2 400ma outputs.

Pretty impressed to be honest.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I don't know about the multistomp, but using a G3 on a non isolated PSU bled loads of noise into my OD pedals. 
  • That's interesting. I used the g3 in a chain on my one spot with no trouble whatsoever.

If I get 4 x 400ma I'd have 2 for the strymons, one for the multistomp and one for daisy chaining drives.
    tFB Trader
    I think I may have a weird G3. 

Diago swore one of their isolators would have enough current to drive it, but it didn't. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534
    Voodoo Lab 4x4. Keep everything isolated.

Bingo. Easy to use, silent, very reliable...
    tFB Trader
    Tried my Flint on a daisy chain with some analogue pedals today and there was some nasty HF noise. A bit disapointing as I thought they would include decent filtering at that price. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have a TimeLine and Big Sky and I use a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Digital .. great bit of kit.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    tFB Trader
    I should probably stump up for a fancy PSU at some point I'm just too tight. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Worth it. I also have a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus for everything else. Even powers an old 18v Daneletro pedal I still use.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • monquixote;144909" said:
    I know what you mean. It's so expensive just for a power supply. I can get my head around spending £150 for something that sounds amazing but spending it on silence is a bit....hmmmm ...like when you get socks for Christmas.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    It's worth it.  I bought a BBE Supa-charger years ago and it was one of the best gear investments I ever made.

I'm following this thread with interest though, as I have the same problem with Strymon.  I can only get 200ma out of one output on the Supa-charger so I'm using the supply that came with my Timeline.  After seeing how good the Timeline is, at some point I'd like to get one or two more Strymons (Flint or Blue/Big Sky, and maybe a Mobius) and at that point I'll need some king of power supply.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    The thing about the GigRig stuff is that there is always a solution for the next pedal you buy. I have been trawling eBay buying stuff as it came up, even though i didn't necessarily have a use for it at the time. They have a massive output, and the high outputs are not restricted to a number of connectors. Makes wiring up very easy.

I just acquired another EvenFlo adaptor which I didn't need and a TC nova reverb pedal for which I didn't have the correct adaptor. Since the Evenflo actually puts out 12v it was a simple swap of plug type to make it work for the Nova.
  • I pulled the plug on a hot stone deluxe. Should do all i'll ever need. The gig rig is just too expensive, though if money is no object I can certainly see the benfits of such a system. For me, by the time i'd bought the generator, distributer and 2x timelords it would come to more than double what I paid for the hot stone.
  • The gigrig stuff is pretty special mind...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    edited January 2014
    I wish I could find a power supply with 9v dc 12dc and 12v ac. Yes the t-rec chameleons come close but I need 500mA minimum from the AC outlet. I so want to have the V-Twin on my board, but I Don't want. Massive transformer taking up valuable board space.