Questions: DOD Carcosa and Tremolo recommendation

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 395
So:
  1. I want a DOD Carcosa. But I love my Big Muff. I do not want 2 fuzzes on my board. Can the Carcosa achieve Muff (or close enough) tones?
  2. I'm considering (well, pretty much already decided) to sell my Flint in favour of a more experimental Reverb (like the Meteore) and use my amps trem for standard trem stuff. However I really like the Photocell setting on the Flint. Is there a nice Trem I could get for around £50 (used) that would give me that same effect? Currently looking at the EQD Hummingbird/Magentic Effects Electrochop.
Thanking you in advance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not many Carcosa owners around I'm thinking
  • I have the Carcosa and love it. Very versatile, it does a lovely overdrive / treble boost, some great 60s psych-type sounds, through to heavier 'doom' sounds. It's unbelievably good value. 

I'd struggle to answer your question though because it's a long time since I've used a big muff(!). With the before control high and the after control low on the carcosa it becomes a bass heavy, crossover of fuzz and distortion which kind of offers an alternative to a big muff I would have thought. It also cleans up a lot better than a big muff with these settings.

You'd be welcome to come and try my carcosa (i'm in shropshire) if it would help? Alternatively, you could buy one with a returns policy but I really can't see you being disappointed with the carcosa!
  • I have a Carcosa too - the ProGuitarShop three part demo should get you a good spectrum of what it does. You're welcome to try mine (London SE4) if you'd like to try it.

I've found that it's less intuitive than other pedals because it's SO versatile - with something like a chorus pedal you can play the whole thing by ear, but with this guy you need to know how before/after is going to affect your tone.

I found it most pleasing in an Electric Wizard-manner.
  • Thanks for the replies! @the_pman28 i'm sometimes in Shrewsbury for work, but i'm wondering if Salop Music Centre or Music Bro might stock them soon - so I don't have to intrude in your home haha.

You're both very generous with your offers of demos, thank you :)