'Casper' My favourite PRS.

What's Hot

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10376
    tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:
    I have a strange and unusual craving ... ever since seeing that Bigsby equipped PRSse One on MR ... I have quite fancied one. Yes I know I am a convicted PRS hater ... but that has none of the traits I dislike ... and is positively Gibson like. Not fussed about the new Korina ones ... but I keep eying the e bay ads ...
    That'll be my SE One and the idea was knocking around my head for ages, I just had to wait for Jooky to sell me all his old tat!
    Love that guitar!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Bucket said:

Hey Bucket, very nice looking Mira there, love the wood grain.

It's not mine but I'd love a Mira one day!

Get the other one in your earlier post - a Standard 24.

PRS Standards (possibly even more than CEs) are the best and most underrated models in the entire range in my opinion. The problem is that they're quite rare. I don't like 24-fretters, but the Standard 22 with trem is the perfect guitar for me.

You can probably get one for under a grand, if you can find one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    John Mclaughlin's private stock one. Mmmmmm
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Am I allowed to nominate my own?

I have a slightly odd relationship with this guitar.

While I was between bands it barely came out of its case and at times I kind of wondered why I'd spent so much money on something which didn't really seem to engage my emotions, now I'm back gigging regularly I remember why I bought it and why I loved it. Somehow it's just not particularly inspiring to play at home or to take to a pub jam but on stage with a band it's a superb working tool, an absolute delight to play, and a screaming rocker.

I can hammer the living daylights out of it and it just comes back for more, still bang-on in tune, even when as occasionally happens I get carried away with a Pete Townshend style windmill attack and the top E string gets caught over the neck pickup bobbin I can generally just pop the string back in place and carry right on :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • I remember the old threads on Birds and Moons about that axe!
    Was it ZIlmo's? Cant remember - I know he puts the iron cross sticker on most of his guitars!
    It is a cool PRS alright... I've had three myself but kept none...Great guitars and i really like the Dgt's....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    This is my Korina Mira. Sweeeeeeeeeet, and not too flashy looking for a prs.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    And another
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Soapbar se , best axe prs ever :)
  • I had a McCarty Soapbar in a lovely raspberry colour for a few years which was the longest i ever held onto a PRS..
    Great great guitar - 
    p90's are the mutts nuts ;)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Yeah P90s are a bit tasty. 

I think the SE I have is now a really nice little guitar. It had already had a nice P90 added to it when I bought it. Pretty sure it was a Mojo one if I remember correctly.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    I'm in the minority too, I like the birds but hate gold hardware.

I have a rotary 5 way dial on my 22, which actually bugs me immensely. The pickups are coil tapping and I love the coil tapped neck pickup for clean and the regular hummer on the bridge for dirty, which means rotating 4 clicks between the positions. I'd much rather have a hummer in the bridge and a single coil on the neck and a simple 2 way switch between them I could flick in a hurry without having to go through each setting.

I think these days I rather have a starla with bigsby though.

Anyway, here's my baby, 20th anniversary Custom 22 in whale blue:

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    Here's my favourite. Changing the pickups to BKP Mules made a huge improvement.

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here's my favourite. Changing the pickups to BKP Mules made a huge improvement.

Looks nice. I would prefer it in plain black myself, but that is just me.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I love those trans black flame finishes. My favourite PRSi are definitely the plain models but I occasionally get really bad gas for a charcoal burst or tiger eye finish flame top. Still no birds though.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    My P22, huge flexibility with the piezo and the 53/10 pickups. Virtually plays itself!

• jimmydjimmyd Frets: 60
    Dave Navarro generally does have great taste in white guitars.  Eg - this tasty little RG, apparently an Ibanez custom shop one off for him...

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy351/jamesmdarley/daven_zps3140d880.jpg
  • Majorscale;15805" said:
    My P22, huge flexibility with the piezo and the 53/10 pickups. Virtually plays itself!
    That's bloomin' lovely!
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Majorscale said:
    That's bloomin' lovely!

I have to say I am in total agreement with you on that, and in awe of that PRS.
    (but I always did have a soft spot for a pretty quilt)  :)

jimmyd said:
    Dave Navarro generally does have great taste in white guitars.  Eg - this tasty little RG, apparently an Ibanez custom shop one off for him...

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy351/jamesmdarley/daven_zps3140d880.jpg
    Yup, I do like that. RG560 a like with a regular trem and Sperzel locking tuners apparently according to his guitar tech. A one off.

I reckon if Ibanez made more like this people like me would buy them in droves.

Want a good solid guitar without locking nuts and floating trems, this would be a good solution, plus it looks lovely.

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I'm just about to do a trade for my first PRS, one question for you all though, what are the older PRS guitars like? better or worse than the new ones?