Are you a guitar gladiator? Spartacus of Guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22826

I'm more like the Hengist Pod of guitar.

What an extraordinary load of tosh that bloke has written.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    He's on the UKMG facebook group getting upset that people think he's a nutter.

Apparently people aren't allowed an opinion if they haven't helped a generation of new players...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Yeah but aside from guitar perfection,.......

What have the Romans ever done for us ?
    ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

I don't see what the problem is. Are you not entertained?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    I'm Spartacus. 

"Showing up to the Grammys to accept an award is DEATH for true musical warriors."

• I'm probably "Spurticus".  He should be so lucky to have a career as long and successful as "Status Quo", the band he's dissing right out of the gate.  I know they aren't geniuses or super examples of musicianship and songwriting but you can't argue with that kind of success in this business.  Especially if you are no where near it yourself.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2238
    merlin said:
    I'm Spartacus. 
    and so am I.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    He sounds like a total loser to me.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    The most revealing word in that whole essay was "roommate".

ie, "I don't have anywhere to live but I'm gonna tell you how to be a success"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    UKMG facebook group

Wow, now UKMG's a blast from the past!

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited January 2017
    slacker said:
    merlin said:
    I'm Spartacus. 
    and so am I.
    No, I'm Spartacus.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Well if the guy who wrote the blog really is Spartacus, I would just like to say I am proud not to be Spartacus, for a change...

What the fuck is all that bollocks at the end of the article about being straight but inadvertently looking gay?

Hopefully he has a whole series of "FREE Webcam Guitar Lessons" explaining how to sort out that particular all-too-common obstacle in the path of true guitar gladiators. 

Incidentally, does he realise Rick Parfitt is dead...?

"He talks like he's Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic with the Vienna boys choir performing works of art that have stood the test of time for hundreds of years."
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    slacker said:
    merlin said:
    I'm Spartacus. 
    and so am I.
    No, I'm Spartacus.
    and so is my wife.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    FX_Munkee said:
    slacker said:
    merlin said:
    I'm Spartacus. 
    and so am I.
    No, I'm Spartacus.
    and so is my wife.
    Your wife's Spartacus? My wife is Tony Curtis. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited January 2017
    p90fool said:
    The most revealing word in that whole essay was "roommate".

ie, "I don't have anywhere to live but I'm gonna tell you how to be a success"
    Don't you know his roommate is mates with the 'legendary guitarist' from the renowned Three Dog Night! Funny he criticises Staus Quo for "putting their own words to "Johnny B. Goode", when it appears that Three Dog Night's 'hits' were all covers anyway.
    Octafish said:

Don't you know his roommate is mates with the 'legendary guitarist' from the renowned Three Dog Night!

Would that be the Three Dog Night who had 21 number one hits* in a focal point of historical musical change?  The very same Three Dog Night who grew musically and even - astonishingly - included funk and soul?

Why Status Quo never expanded their oeuvre into avant garde jazz or twelve tone music, I'll never know.

(* I think he may be fibbing about the 21 number one hits.  Unless they have separate charts in different American states.  Or counties.)

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Philly_Q said:
    Octafish said:

Don't you know his roommate is mates with the 'legendary guitarist' from the renowned Three Dog Night!

Would that be the Three Dog Night who had 21 number one hits* in a focal point of historical musical change?  The very same Three Dog Night who grew musically and even - astonishingly - included funk and soul?

Why Status Quo never expanded their oeuvre into avant garde jazz or twelve tone music, I'll never know.

(* I think he may be fibbing about the 21 number one hits.  Unless they have separate charts in different American states.  Or counties.)

Well to be fair it does look like they had quite a bit of chart success in the US https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Dog_Night_discography#Singles, but they're pretty much all covers and/or tunes written by succesful songwriters which all sounds rather commericial and the sort of thing people who pose with instruments do, at least Status Quo changed the lyrics.

Anyway here's some real guitar gladiator music for you  ;)