Are you a guitar gladiator? Spartacus of Guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Reminds me of Romeo Rose and Sythman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    I wonder if he plays wide necked guitars?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Three Dog Night did have a lot of hits in North America, but as pointed out, they were all covers.  Also, I'm not entirely sure either of the 2 front men did anything but sing.   Their hits weren't exactly peppered with guitarwork.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    What's the matter with you lot?
    This guy knows what he's talking about, he's a guitarist in the world famous "Trembles" for Chrissake.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    More like guitar spasticus...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    The thread on ukmg is hilarious.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    He's an idiot.     
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22815
    Three Dog Night did have a lot of hits in North America, but as pointed out, they were all covers.  Also, I'm not entirely sure either of the 2 front men did anything but sing.   Their hits weren't exactly peppered with guitarwork.

They did have a guitarist called Michael Allsup, apparently. 

I'm not sure if that's a remarkably fine head of hair or a Davy Crockett coonskin hat.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Philly_Q said:
    Three Dog Night did have a lot of hits in North America, but as pointed out, they were all covers.  Also, I'm not entirely sure either of the 2 front men did anything but sing.   Their hits weren't exactly peppered with guitarwork.

They did have a guitarist called Michael Allsup, apparently. 

I'm not sure if that's a remarkably fine head of hair or a Davy Crockett coonskin hat.

I want this hair cut, it's glorious 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    He's definitely up his own arse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3450
    Damn, it was deleted :(
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Can't get into blog, shame. sounded like a good read.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    He may have deleted the blog,  but the homepage has some top quality tripe. I may talk some bollocks at times but I'm never this bad.....

" Today's video will point out a typical situation where an up-and-coming guitarist was subjugated by being yelled over at every possible spot where a better crescendo conclusion could've been possible in the guitar solo improvisation segment. The bandleader made no adjustment for dynamics with any of the other instruments, which would have helped to encourage a breakthrough solo moment, a moment that the guitarist is more than capable of achieving. I understand that this was a rehearsal, although that kind of makes curtailing the guitar solo by the bandleader even worse. This guitarist was allowed a few measly bars in a rehearsal to have a chance to solo, and as if to add insult to injury, even that tiny little spotlight segment was shouted down by the bandleader. His shouting over the guitarsist was even louder on the original video...."

Eh?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    DrJazzTap said:
    He may have deleted the blog,  but the homepage has some top quality tripe. I may talk some bollocks at times but I'm never this bad.....

" Today's video will point out a typical situation where an up-and-coming guitarist was subjugated by being yelled over at every possible spot where a better crescendo conclusion could've been possible in the guitar solo improvisation segment. The bandleader made no adjustment for dynamics with any of the other instruments, which would have helped to encourage a breakthrough solo moment, a moment that the guitarist is more than capable of achieving. I understand that this was a rehearsal, although that kind of makes curtailing the guitar solo by the bandleader even worse. This guitarist was allowed a few measly bars in a rehearsal to have a chance to solo, and as if to add insult to injury, even that tiny little spotlight segment was shouted down by the bandleader. His shouting over the guitarsist was even louder on the original video...."

Eh?
    It's a bit Whine-y for a Gladiator isn't it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited January 2017

It's a bit Whine-y for a Gladiator isn't it?
    I love the fact it's not the guitarists fault. The guitarist should be given full space and insist that the band listen to the guitar solo, even if it goes on for ten minutes. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    carlos said:
    Damn, it was deleted :(
    Only a true gladiator would mouth off then bottle it and delete, "I didn't say I'm Spartacus, it was him..." :lol: 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24274
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Tell me Timmy... do you like movies about Gladiators? :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Philly_Q said:

I'm more like the Hengist Pod of guitar.

What an extraordinary load of tosh that bloke has written.

I know, amazing isn't it?
    Imagine someone writing such a load of tosh on the internet.
     :) 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    "Albatross !"