Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Thoughts On Low Volume & Home (Bedroom) Tones - That Pedal Show

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24802
    I quite like That Pedal Show videos - but they have a tendency to spin stuff out.

If this had been half the length, it would have been better.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    It's a well produced show but it's about time imho they got off first base and catered for intermediate/advanced players rather than beginners.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    I quite like That Pedal Show videos - but they have a tendency to spin stuff out.

If this had been half the length, it would have been better.  
    Wis'd - best part of a hour to deal with 3 setups, what did we learn ?  THX takes pedals, what an attenuator does, and AmpliTube has myriad options .... meh !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    dindude said:

I'm with @Rocker in that you need something quick to plug into and that a Pedalboard, valve amp and attenuator isn't really that.
    I don't really understand this TBH, but maybe it's just my circumstances. I have my valve amp, pedalboard already set up to go, cable plugging in, guitars hanging on the wall in the man-cave. Flick two switches on the amp, plug in a guitar and bingo. 

im with you @dindude ...i dont have a man cave as such, but if I'm playing electric i get my pedalboard out every time...sure it take a few minutes to pull things out and plug in etc, but thats part of the experience.

if i cant be arsed doing that, i just grab an acoustic.

but i guess its all personal preference.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited January 2017
    Their videos are getting way too long. Stop rambling FFS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    edited January 2017

I don't think the videos are really aimed at the crowd who have been playing for years and have a fair understanding of their gear. For the beginner - intermediate player, or Kids who don't have the knowledge or money to try out loads of stuff, or the experience to know how to power pedals properly, the videos are interesting and quite informative (as much as the 98794 different opinions you'll get asking questions on a forum).

Also a quick plug in and play is really useful for me. When my main rig is being bought home late from practice or a gig, I generally wont set it up at home if I'm out again in a day or two. So usuall plug into a POD in the living room through headphones for a 10-15 minute fiddle...,  I'm actually interested in the THR now for a plug n play thing.

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    As you say @sgosden , experienced players probably know all, or most of this stuff, and I have added a phrase to that effect in the OP now, but there are many beginners and intermediate players on here.  The benefit of a video is that you get the opportunity to hear the differences, and relate that to the expert (or biased, depending on your point of view) interpretations of what you are hearing.

Personally I have no experience of computer based modelling software, so that was of interest to me (and probably only me!) to be shown it in this context.  And the section on the Power Station confirmed my expectations, in a good way.  (Added to the GAS list)

I do have to agree with several other posters though, that they do rather ramble on, 20mins or half an hour should have easily covered the same ground, and the addition of something like the Helix and Katana would have made welcome comparisons.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For me the 'biggest fallacy' of this show was omitting Tone King & Carr amps 2 solutions which provide the plug in & go solution with great sounds @ v-low volumes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    For me the 'biggest fallacy' of this show was omitting Tone King & Carr amps 2 solutions which provide the plug in & go solution with great sounds @ v-low volumes. 
    Bang on
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Could it be because they don't sell those brands?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    For me the 'biggest fallacy' of this show was omitting Tone King & Carr amps 2 solutions which provide the plug in & go solution with great sounds @ v-low volumes. 
    Bang on