New Marshall dsl vs old dsl, any preference ??!

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
got my eye open for one , but only just realised there's 2 versions of it now.
is one version better than the other ??
do people generally prefer the 50 or the 100 watter ?
ive been playing a jcm800 for years so I'm trying to catch up ..!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    New ones don't break down at anything like the rate the old ones do. I haven't seen a single dead one yet, or heard any reports of it. The best thing to be said about the old ones is that the 50 is less unreliable than the 100...

I haven't heard a new one at band volume yet either so I can't comment on tone/dynamics difference, but if they're anything like the old ones I think you'll be disappointed if you're coming from a JCM800.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I toured 50/100 older dsls for years with no issues at all. I tried the newer ones but they didn't sound anywhere near as good. 
  • Thnaks guys, looks like one to try before i buy.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    I have had a few of the older ones and no troubles at all, got a old 100w DSL and 4x12 in p/x available at the mo too. If you're close to sheffield and want to ttry it?
    Recently serviced by Martin at MJW