Line 6 Helix Minotaur (Klon model)

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
I  finally caved in and got a Helix to replace my PODXT for silent and quieter playing. Just starting to find my way around it and set up a simple chain with the Fender Twin model, tape delay, plate reverb and added the Minotaur drive in front. 

I'm very impressed with the drives in the Helix, the Minotaur really does capture that Klon vibe very well. The Compulsive drive does the OCD thing nicely as well.

Really pleasantly impressed with the Helix, after having a really frustrating time with a POD HD500X a couple of years ago.

good stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited January 2017
    It's the most fun and inspiring piece of gear I've ever owned. I can't rate it highly enough. I think it takes a while to dial in exactly as you want. But once there, the effort is worth it.

Enjoy! I'm loving the KWB drive.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24273
    I like using the amp preamp only models as drive pedals as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It's miles. better than the Hd500x in my opinion. I couldn't get on with them at all. There was a really shrill digital clang that I could never dial out
    I probably use the Helix as a big box O FX pedals TBH I only use one amp model, The Soldano Clean and I have the minotaur on at the front of the chain as a clean boost. Always on.. haven't even assigned a foot switch to it :)

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes it's great, as is just about everything about the Helix. I love mine :) I've had a few amp modellers but none that have made me sell my amps until now
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    The Minotaur is excellent but I've now switched over to using the sd1 model and think I prefer it. Just has a bit more sparkle on the top end. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Cabicular said:
    It's miles. better than the Hd500x in my opinion. I couldn't get on with them at all. There was a really shrill digital clang that I could never dial out
    I probably use the Helix as a big box O FX pedals TBH I only use one amp model, The Soldano Clean and I have the minotaur on at the front of the chain as a clean boost. Always on.. haven't even assigned a foot switch to it :)

Smaller cheaper and lighter than a soldano and pedals though!