NGD: one in, one out

ricorico Frets: 1220
edited January 2017 in Guitar
Right well after not getting on with the 2015 LP Special DC (and I did try!) I traded it in for this, a 2010 LP Junior. 

I did the deal at Guitar Village in Farnham near Guildford and I did not expect to like this guitar as much as I do! It is nice and light, very resonant and incredibly simple. The dark rosewood fingerboard looks like ebony which is a great contrast to the white and the tiny white tuning buttons finish it off perfectly. 

The only downside is that the finish between the neck and fingerboard is not as smooth as it could be (I guess when it was masked off for painting) and the pots have a strange taper but it sounds best to me with everything wound up to to 10.

Very happy I did the trade!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    HNGD!! I have a 2010 Junior, and it is a beast. Same thing with the neck/fretboard, and the nut was cut wayyy too high, but once that was sorted its a fantastic guitar. Oddly, I seem to have quite a nice taper on mine, and get some nice tones with the tone and/or volume rolled back a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    pretty sure they did a run in white with ebony boards so might be one of then
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    monoamine said:
    pretty sure they did a run in white with ebony boards so might be one of then
    Interesting, is there any way to check for sure?
  • Pot tapers should be a very easy fix by any competent local tech; just swap them out for something with a different value.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    I have a 2011 model and the fretboard is black obeche. Have you got a close up?

See my thread here and note the grain - that would be the giveaway. If it's smooth then it's ebony.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/35275/new-lp-junior
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Beautiful.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Iamnobody said:
    I have a 2011 model and the fretboard is black obeche. Have you got a close up?

See my thread here and note the grain - that would be the giveaway. If it's smooth then it's ebony.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/35275/new-lp-junior
    It does appear to be pretty smooth - unlike any rosewood 'board i've seen before. I'll try and get a close-up.