Want that one - EVH content

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 414

This is is being launched at NAMM next week, about a month after me selling my EVH Frankenstein striped series.

This is the guitar that I most closely associate to Van Halen when I first discovered Eddie!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Any price indication? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    joeyowen said:
    Any price indication? 
    Not yet, probably £6-700 as were the previous models.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    they should pay you to play one of those things
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3072
    I love the Ed guitars but I couldn't see myself playing gigs with one. A EBMM VH on the other hand....
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @siraxeman Nice Red Special... which maker?
    Dansan Guitars! French guy took up making guitars...well exclusively Red Specials about 3yrs ago and its all he's done since..but @£3k + a pop and now around a year wait. Mine took 6 months ish and cost a whisker under £3k. Absolutely love the huge neck...feels so good to play, though the 7.25" radius is less likeable..and more of an acquired taste. If I was to order another I'd ask for everything the same except I'd opt for a 9.5" radius as that's home to me.
  • siraxeman said:
    Dansan Guitars! French guy took up making guitars...well exclusively Red Specials about 3yrs ago and its all he's done since..but @£3k + a pop and now around a year wait. Mine took 6 months ish and cost a whisker under £3k. Absolutely love the huge neck...feels so good to play, though the 7.25" radius is less likeable..and more of an acquired taste. If I was to order another I'd ask for everything the same except I'd opt for a 9.5" radius as that's home to me.

Interesting. Have you ever compared it with other premium level Red Specials?
    edited January 2017

I've played 2 Guytons and a Super and a couple of other very good one offs....it's good holds its own, but the Guyton's finish was PERFECT, mine if held up to the light is more like Brians - slightly uneven finish here n there. Its still very good but I'd back off from calling it perfect like a factory finished geetar. But its Rustins unlike whatever Guyton used...and it costs less than half the price of a Guyton. The Super was nice apart from the wrong bridge (not bothered as much by its wrong neck join). The Trisonics are the very same special issue ones as used on the Guytons.

oh and I did own a Turpin RS  (no longer made) as well for a few years before this - that was good to but wrong colour of red (much to dark red) and whilst I did prefer its flatter board, it was a lot heavier being all mahogany (still chambered tho).

• @sireaxeman. Thanks for the info. Guyton is waaay beyond my budget. I've wondered about the 1993 Guilds - probably still a bit beyond me though.

best source of info and for snaffling the odd RS that comes up for sale is either the "Red Special Forum" or the "Red Special  Forum" group on FB.

• @siraxeman. Thanks.

@Bowks... sorry for the derail.