William Blatty RIP

What's Hot
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jan/13/exorcist-author-william-peter-blatty-dies-aged-89

As a fan of the horror genre, his contribution was immense.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2565
    RIP. I'm a massive fan of the Exorcist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Very sad.  Both of his self-directed film adaptations, The Ninth Configuration and Exorcist III, are really excellent films in their own right also.  I was thinking of him just the other night after finishing watching The OA on Netflix...the weird quasi-spiritual/religious overtones of it, plus the presence of Scott Wilson in a starring role...whole thing reminded of The 9th Config.

RIP.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very sad.  Both of his self-directed film adaptations, The Ninth Configuration and Exorcist III, are really excellent films in their own right also.  I was thinking of him just the other night after finishing watching The OA on Netflix...the weird quasi-spiritual/religious overtones of it, plus the presence of Scott Wilson in a starring role...whole thing reminded of The 9th Config.

RIP.
    I didn't know about the Night Configuration, or The OA, both of which sound like they'd up my street and I will check them out, cheers for the tips. 

Exorcist 3 is one of my all time favourite horror films, there are a couple of bits in it (the corridor sequence!) which are just delightful to watch.  

I came across a podcast which in one particular episode it was discussing the real life incidents which Blatty based 'The Exorcist' novel upon.  The real life incidents are very interesting but I believe it was Blatty's inclusion of personal doubt which makes the film/novel so outstanding.  Like the found footage horror film, the exorcism horror film is another staple and Blatty's influence in the genre is second to none.  Even though he is gone, his legacy will very much be a significant part of the genre for many years to come.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    Sad.

The Exorcist remains one of the greatest films ever, imho...
  • Bugger :(

RIP

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi