BOSS CP-1X Compressor

ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
Interesting !   ...   but then I am fascinated by compressors   >-)

Duration 3:25

Duration 6:03

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    I tried the bass version briefly. Quite disappointing, I'd been looking forward to its release as I really like the DA-2 which uses the same MDP tech. It did the job but was v bland sounding, I think it may have been aimed at slap players more than trad finger/plectrum pickers. Plus it was another one, like the Maxon CP-9 Pro+ and the mxr bass compressor, that require a hot signal (or a boost) to trigger the compression action.

Of course the guitar version may be a whole different thing...
  • JezWynd said:
    I tried the bass version briefly. Quite disappointing, I'd been looking forward to its release as I really like the DA-2 which uses the same MDP tech. It did the job but was v bland sounding, I think it may have been aimed at slap players more than trad finger/plectrum pickers. Plus it was another one, like the Maxon CP-9 Pro+ and the mxr bass compressor, that require a hot signal (or a boost) to trigger the compression action.

Of course the guitar version may be a whole different thing...

I quite liked the bass one! It definitely suited rock and funk styles, probably not for jazzers or bluesers. But evens out the sound well. 

Be interested in this as, like you, I loved the da-2. Much underrated pedal - that can be a truly transparent boost to single coils through to a roaring distortion.