First pedal you ever bought (and when.)

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Jen Cry Baby

Probably 1978

Pain in the arse to change the battery cos you had to unscrew all four feet. 

And another bit of gear I've lent to someone never to see it returned.  Took years to learn that lesson.
    :-S
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Mxr distortion + , 78 ish ( had 2 at one stage inline into a very clean marshall artiste combo ) to this day not sure what happened to them - possibly nicked.. The combo I loaned to a mate in the early 90s haven't seen either since :(
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited January 2014
    Tokai overdrive - bought around '86 when I was 18 - wish I'd held onto it.. Same as this http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k405/citizen68/BA19A7F5-ED67-4414-9C4D-02FB03B6EDCB.jpg
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Digitech RP-80... kickstated an obsession which has since seen me part with thousands for those crazy little boxes! Back in about 2002 I think?! 
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
      OCD.  two years ago, same time I got my American Standard Strat and SuperChamp X2.

Sales guy was an evil bastard- he set me up with the guitar and amp he thought I'd like from my description, then simply stood back and let me sell myself on it...  When I asked about overdrives, he brought me this to try.  This was a happy coincidence- it only gets worse when they get to know you and your tastes...

Shit- almost forgot:  My first was actually a Digitech BP350.  Sounds great, but the bloody thing is so complicated to use, I gave up on it, and it sits forgotten on a shelf.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I'm pretty sure it was this, though there's a chance it was a Boss V-Wah.

Bought new in 2002 because my amp - a Marshall MG15RCD, the one with spring reverb - didn't have switchable distortion of any sort. It just had two knobs, Gain 1 and Gain 2, which you twiddled to get different amounts of nastiness. I wanted to be able to go from clean to RAWK!(tm) in order to correctly play "Stay Together For the Kids", which was obviously important.
    It's currently on a permanent loan to a bassist friend of mine who decided to take up the guitar too. 
    The V-Wah also disappeared on loan to a friend... We've all been there.
  • TS9 and an MXR dyna comp in 1987. 10 German marks each. Alas I no longer have the mxr the TS is still part of my rig.
  • Probably bought all at once in 1983

Storm 55 Phaser
    Boss SD1
    Jen Cry-Baby wah

before that my only FX had been what I could get out of my amplifier or a pcb with a 741 op-amp in it and a pot in its feedback loop which controlled the gain and therefore how much it would clip. On max clipping I got a nice 9v square wave out of it
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    edited January 2014 tFB Trader
    One of these which I got as a present from my wife for passing my driving test in 1998. 

I sold it to HandsomeRik of this parish. 
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah, from somewhere in Denmark St aged 15.
    All practice and no theory
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited January 2014
    monquixote;143893" said:
    One of these which I got as a present from my wife for passing my driving test in 1998. 

http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/pic-010044675l/marshall-gv2-guvnor-ii-plus.jpg

It's on my board currently actually though I didn't know it was a present from your wife and so long ago. Didn't it hold sentimental value? You know where I am if you want it back! ;-)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    Kimbara Fuzz 'wedge' pedal in 1977. Cheap as chips at the time, now go for a fortune.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    monquixote;143893" said:

http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/pic-010044675l/marshall-gv2-guvnor-ii-plus.jpg

It's on my board currently actually though I didn't know it was a present from your wife and so long ago. Didn't it hold sentimental value? You know where I am if you want it back! ;-)
    Cheers fella. I'm not desperate for it back, but if you decide to shift it first refusal would be appreciated. :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    It was a Daphon wah in about 2008, when I would have been 13. 

Bought it off my mate for 15 quid, and it was terrible. Really really terrible. It's still in my room somewhere, because I haven't bothered selling it - it's probably worth nothing. Maybe I could sell it for spares/repair/fixing up into something halfway decent. As a pedal currently though, it's not much better than a paperweight.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    boss compressor and a home-made very fuzzy fuzz around 1973
  • Boss BE5M multi fx thingumy in '91. Never used delay before so spent the whole summer pretending I was Brian May
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    TS9 and an MXR dyna comp in 1987. 10 German marks each. Alas I no longer have the mxr the TS is still part of my rig.
    are you from Germany, too, @Axe_meister ? I got my TS10 and shortly thereafter a Jimi Hendrix Wah around '85, probably paid a little more than 10 marks as they were new. I still have both, just repaired the TS10 and put it back into service and now need to tackle the Wah which is half-dead.

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Tokai Overdrive. White plastic as I recall. May even have been half-decent but I did a great job of making it sound like crap.
  • Arion metal master about '85.
    Thought i was the bees knees.
  • NPP;144204" said:
    Axe_meister said:

TS9 and an MXR dyna comp in 1987. 10 German marks each. Alas I no longer have the mxr the TS is still part of my rig.

are you from Germany, too, @Axe_meister ? I got my TS10 and shortly thereafter a Jimi Hendrix Wah around '85, probably paid a little more than 10 marks as they were new. I still have both, just repaired the TS10 and put it back into service and now need to tackle the Wah which is half-dead.
    I lived in Munich for 12 years as a lad. Picked em up second hand before they became vintage