This is one way to deal with the guitar haters.

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6142
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hats off to this guy, i get the impression he can be quite polarising with his humour... and as such he gets a lot of bad comments.
This is a good way to deal with it and I like the solo, he certainly can play!

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I like his vids and I get his humour. Loved his google translate video

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I like his vids and I get his humour. Loved his google translate video
    Oh man, I just watched that - I think we will use some in our next gig :) Some were hilarious - I get how Steve is marmite but he does do some good stuff and can play - he's got the subs so he is doing something right
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    I hate his voice
  • I think he's funny :)
  • Your guitar has no cable
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Ha ha superb! I laughed out loud when the 'guitar has no cable' comments flew in

Big fan here. Great player, fun videos. That Djent/dictionary one that he did was brilliant!

Anyone who is successful on YouTube has a legion of haters, it's part of the gig unfortunately. But at the end of the day who wouldn't want over half a million subscribers.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    Nice one op, I really enjoyed that. Smart and very musical!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Big Fan of Steve, watched him for the last year or so.

Love his approach, attitude and the fact that he can play the strings off most of us, he's an excellent player which i always assumed is why people don't like him.
    He likes to speak the truth about people too, which often offends people who don't like that.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916
    Top work

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    In the words of Bill & Ted "Excellent - Bodacious Dude!" rockincool
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2554
    I appreciate that he's a great player but I can't watch more than 5 seconds of any of his videos, sorry. I just can't get on with his 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22815
    edited January 2017
    I like him.  He's very clever and very funny.  I don't really care whether he's a good guitar player or not, but he obviously is extremely good.

I saw this thread late last night and consequently stayed up until 3.30am watching Stevie T clips....
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6142
    tFB Trader
    cruxiform said:
    I appreciate that he's a great player but I can't watch more than 5 seconds of any of his videos, sorry. I just can't get on with his 'style'.
    and i reckon there is no problem with that, However I doubt you would just go on his videos and abuse him either. Why the internet has yielded this sort of bullying is beyond me.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Was it him singing that? If so we'll done chap.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Garthy said:
    Was it him singing that? If so we'll done chap.
    Yes, he's a good a singer isn't he ?
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2554
    edited January 2017
    ThorpyFX said:
    cruxiform said:
    and i reckon there is no problem with that, However I doubt you would just go on his videos and abuse him either. Why the internet has yielded this sort of bullying is beyond me.
    True. I would never slag off another guitarist on youtube, never have. We all have our own styles, it's a diverse world out there. He's not my cup of tea but I appreciate that he's popular with others. He's an ace player though, it's just the style of his delivery that bugs me.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Stevie T is complete marmite, I like him. Parody doesn't always work for some people and that's where the hate comes from, he's a good guitarist but takes the piss out of what he likes. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I also cannot deal with his style, facial expressions and overall content. But he's a phenomenal player and I like that he's done this. That someone out there thinks that calling him autistic is both funny and insulting says it all.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    He's cool ... very awesome self depreciating humour ... reminds me of tom green ...
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I don't like his glasses and he sounds like City and Colour.