Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classifieds and lol'ing

What's Hot
I've noticed that a fair number of FS threads in the classifieds (I've only really checked the guitar ones) quite often get lol'd on their initial sales pitch.

I don't feel particularly comfortable about this, but I may be alone in this and reading too much into it.  However, I do wonder whether people are getting round Rule 6 of the classifieds (and maybe general Rule 1) by doing this?  Some people (but you could say all buyers, especially professionals/dealers) have a vested interest in keeping prices as low as possible/making a sale harder and a sarcastic lol could be an underhand and insidious way of sending a message that something is priced too high (in their opinion).

I can only think that this is the intention as the seller is just listing specs and putting up photos of their guitar - just the same as the posts that don't get lol'd.  In my unscientific overview I have a feeling that it occurs more on classifieds for higher end guitars.  Maybe there is a touch of envy or something too?... I don't know, but either way what purpose does the LOL button serve in the classifieds and would the classifieds be better served without it?  
12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom

Comments