Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2017

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
Starts this week, cue many of the guitar Youtube channels posting daily blogs of widdling with thin, fizzy, overly distorted guitars and lots of shouty interviews with people you've never heard of banging on about how great their new lineup for 2017 is, against a cacophonous backdrop of white noise.

Great. WALOFS

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
     :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm interested to see what Marshall have up their sleeves (if anything!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In interesting news, though, Gibson have announced a range of $399 US-made guitars. I'll never buy one, but it's an interesting development nonetheless.

I think this year's NAMM is going to be the best for years in terms of guitar news.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    In interesting news, though, Gibson have announced a range of $399 US-made guitars. I'll never buy one, but it's an interesting development nonetheless.

I think this year's NAMM is going to be the best for years in terms of guitar news.
    I dread to think what the QC is going to be like. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    In interesting news, though, Gibson have announced a range of $399 US-made guitars. I'll never buy one, but it's an interesting development nonetheless.

So a post-Brexit price of £999?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    rico said:

It might be better.  At that price they have to be made by robots not disgruntled employees.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    rico said:
    There will be new amps announced.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Fender have shown 2017 C/Shop collection on their site now - Any NAMM Limited Edition models will be shown later and on various sites from dealers who attend - a few interesting models - some just a revised version of what they already do - some whacky

Roasted maple looks an option now - as does roasted alder/ash bodies

NAMM Ltd Vintage Start with a compound radius and a seriously aged finish - more info to follow
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    crunchman said:
    rico said:

It might be better.  At that price they have to be made by robots not disgruntled employees.
    But robots have no soulllllll, man!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    Plectrum said:
    rico said:
    Amps you say? Wow, was expecting Marshall branded cuddly toys and fondue sets, not actual amps  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Rowby1 said:
    Plectrum said:
    rico said:
    Amps you say? Wow, was expecting Marshall branded cuddly toys and fondue sets, not actual amps  ;)
    See, you mock but I'm sure I saw a link to a line of Marshall sunglasses earlier ! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    rico said:
    Debt and crap products, perhaps?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Fender have shown 2017 C/Shop collection on their site now - Any NAMM Limited Edition models will be shown later and on various sites from dealers who attend - a few interesting models - some just a revised version of what they already do - some whacky

Roasted maple looks an option now - as does roasted alder/ash bodies

NAMM Ltd Vintage Start with a compound radius and a seriously aged finish - more info to follow
    Dry Roasted Maple?
    thats nuts ...;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    A few Custom Shop Limited Edition Strats with a set of hand wound Dual Mag p/ups -similar to the new American Professional series with a mix of Alnico 2 or 5 magnets

My favourite is a Limited Edition Custom Shop 1960 Heavy Relic Strat/Compound Radius (9.5" to 12") with hand wound pick-ups in a few colour options

Wait for it - Roasted Yuriy Shishkov Masterbuilt Studioliner - a total one of - price will be over £350,000 - yes £350,000 - I dare say pics will be o various sites after Thursday - not seen a pic myself yet - spec as follows - Alder Body; Black Base Color; Rear Load Controls; Custom Silver Body Binding; Engraved Enameled Inlayed Silver Artwork; 423 Diamonds Set in Body Top; 462 Diamonds Set in Body Back; 4A Birdseye Handstained Maple Neck; Silver Sparkle Binding; Ruby Side Dots; 115 Diamonds Set in Neck; 12" Radius; Medium Jumbo Frets; Large 'C' Neckshape; Custom Made Bridge; Lawrence Mini Hum Pickups with Custom Made Bezels; 1 Volume; 1 Tone; 6 Way Rotary Switch; Flight Case; Certificate of Authenticity; Inspiration Camera and Miniature Art Deco Picture Frame with Leo Fender Included.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7482
    rico said:
    Egg Timers

Flip Flops

Beard Wax

Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    octatonic said:

So a post-Brexit price of £999?
    Until Amazon does a blow-out deal at £99....
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    I'm flying out tomorrow, visiting Gabriel at Echopark Guitars on Wednesday, a nice new range coming out there which I'll get the skinny on in El Monte, I'll be posting stuff on our Facebook and Insatgram pages, mainstream stuff and more leftfield gear. My meeting shedule is insane but I love it....
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCoda said:
    I'm flying out tomorrow, visiting Gabriel at Echopark Guitars on Wednesday, a nice new range coming out there which I'll get the skinny on in El Monte, I'll be posting stuff on our Facebook and Insatgram pages, mainstream stuff and more leftfield gear. My meeting shedule is insane but I love it....
    Please tell me you're going to stop by the Headrush booth...
    <space for hire>
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    I'll certainly take a look.....That'll be in the scary flashing lights section with all the techy stuff that I generally avoid but that piece of kit looks impressive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    A few Custom Shop Limited Edition Strats with a set of hand wound Dual Mag p/ups -similar to the new American Professional series with a mix of Alnico 2 or 5 magnets

My favourite is a Limited Edition Custom Shop 1960 Heavy Relic Strat/Compound Radius (9.5" to 12") with hand wound pick-ups in a few colour options

Wait for it - Roasted Yuriy Shishkov Masterbuilt Studioliner - a total one of - price will be over £350,000 - yes £350,000 - I dare say pics will be o various sites after Thursday - not seen a pic myself yet - spec as follows - Alder Body; Black Base Color; Rear Load Controls; Custom Silver Body Binding; Engraved Enameled Inlayed Silver Artwork; 423 Diamonds Set in Body Top; 462 Diamonds Set in Body Back; 4A Birdseye Handstained Maple Neck; Silver Sparkle Binding; Ruby Side Dots; 115 Diamonds Set in Neck; 12" Radius; Medium Jumbo Frets; Large 'C' Neckshape; Custom Made Bridge; Lawrence Mini Hum Pickups with Custom Made Bezels; 1 Volume; 1 Tone; 6 Way Rotary Switch; Flight Case; Certificate of Authenticity; Inspiration Camera and Miniature Art Deco Picture Frame with Leo Fender Included.

Unplayable?