Greenday

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
Off to see Greenday tonight - got given a ticket for cheap. They were very good last time I saw them in 2002! Not sure that they will have the same impact now I'm 15 years older...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    That was fun. Turned into a pop punk party band. Touring as a 6 piece. Still got it.
  • Great band! 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6870
    Cool, Im seeing them in Leeds next month
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Cool, Im seeing them in Leeds next month
    Should be in for a good night. I thought they were excellent. 

did their usual thing of getting people up on stage to play / sing - gave one kid a guitar. One guy they got up to sing was off the wall amazing, really grabbed his 5 mins of fame.
  • I saw them at a festival a few years ago :) 

They still got it. I have to admit that some of their output post-American Idiot has been a bit sub-par, but, Revolution Radio is a great album. I would definitely go and see them again.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • They still got it? They never had it....
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I was a huge Green Day fan back in the 90s, still love their old stuff  but they got too poppy / changed too much for me. I had a ticket to see them in 1995 at the Barrowland and was travelling down from Inverness to the Big Smoke with my mate from school (we were 16) but a week or so before the gig they canned it as Billie Joe was sick and they cancelled the rest of the tour.

I've still never seen them live. I toyed with getting a ticket for Bellahouston Park (which is about half an hour from home these days) but opted not to buy one. Partly as it's midweek and I work away from home meaning 2 days off probably and partly as I'm scared they've lost it and don't want that confirmed.

Glad to hear the folk that went enjoyed the show. I'm now going to see about that ticket again...

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @andyp very much a POP punk band, veering more towards the pop, but they played quite a lot of old stuff and it was good fun.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    Green Day were always more pop than punk, surely?
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Aye, I think my key word was "too"... :)