PLUS pedal

What's Hot
MrTMrT Frets: 21
Apologies if I've missed a thread on this already but this looks awesome ... Essentially it's kind of a piano sustain pedal - I guess the EHX freeze did something similar but this really is tempting me to pre-order. Pre-order price seems to be $179.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    I saw this earlier but haven't watched the vids yet as I'm on mobile. Looks brilliant in pics and write up though. If it works like a piano sustain pedal I'm 99% sure I'll love it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Ha, ha, if nothing else that's a great looking switch on there
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I wonder what @ICBM will make of that switch?
     :) 
    Holy crap I've just watched the TPS/Andertons vid from the show floor. 

I have to have one. And a Helix so I can run it in & out of each other's loops. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The pre-order price is now up from 179 to 249 bucks, so get in now if you're sure you want one!  I love the look of it and have been fantasising that someone would make this exact thing for a while but I'm not made of money!
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    That is new!! Love it
    I just love the faces that Dan makes. This is a guy who lives and breathes FX pedals finding something genuinely new and interesting for the first time in ages. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bet there's going to be a lot of EHX superego's for sale soon.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Think they'll sell out on pre order fairly fast. Not the sort of thing that'll I'll have on my gigging board, but for playing at home when you get into overkill delay and reverb, hells yes!
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    I was going to pre-order at $179 but wavered once shipping was added and it came up to $200. At $249 + shipping I think I'm going to have to hold off for now. Just like @sgosden says I'm not sure it would make it onto my gigging board but it sure looks like a huge amount of fun. 
  • Wooooooowwwwww that look awesome. 
  • I wasn't excited until I heard it. 

Want. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I wasn't excited until I heard it. 

Want. 
    Same here, sounds really good to me. Not something I'd use a lot though but would be fun to play about with.
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 584
    Has anyone ordered this? I'm very tempted, as it's says shipping is June, even at the higher pre order price as with delivery (and as it's says taxes are included) it comes in at about £210.
    Would an ehx super ego be similar, do you think?
  • peachespeaches Frets: 45
    Has anyone ordered this? I'm very tempted, as it's says shipping is June, even at the higher pre order price as with delivery (and as it's says taxes are included) it comes in at about £210.
    I got one at $179, not sure i'd've wanted to pay much more, but that's not a reflection of the pedal, just how much application I think I'd get from it. 

The gist I've gotten from their demos and stuff is that this works differently to the superego, in that it's essentially a short looper that loops your signal and diffuses it to achieve the sustain. The superego (I think) works more like a synth in that it synthesises its own sound to copy a guitar. What end result the PlusPedal's approach turns out like vs the Superego I guess we'll find out soon. Supposed to sound more 'natural' though. 
    Honestly I'm waiting for independent reviews and demos, but on the strength of what I've heard so far I massively want one.
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 584
    peaches said:
    I got one at $179, not sure i'd've wanted to pay much more, but that's not a reflection of the pedal, just how much application I think I'd get from it. 

The gist I've gotten from their demos and stuff is that this works differently to the superego, in that it's essentially a short looper that loops your signal and diffuses it to achieve the sustain. The superego (I think) works more like a synth in that it synthesises its own sound to copy a guitar. What end result the PlusPedal's approach turns out like vs the Superego I guess we'll find out soon. Supposed to sound more 'natural' though. 
    Ah, cool. Thanks. Now I massively want one. I didn't want to get one if the superego does the same job. Looks like the credit card is going to get a battering! 
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    If anyone gets one then can we have a review please? I had to hold off - the funds just couldn't stretch.