Lovepedal Amp 11

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
I mainly play through my FX8 these days, but I just had a wee play with my pedalboard...

The Amp 11 shone incredibly. From very slight boost to drive, it really is a great pedal.

This was against the KOT and the RYRA.

Very impressive.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/IMG_0223.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Love the Amp11. A fine pedal and very flexible. Was the mainstay of my smaller board for a long time.
  • Yep I had one for a while and they are great I had the version where the boost wasn't independent which I would have liked it so it went but may get one again 
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Fiets pedal I ever owned! Miss mine. Kept my Tim instead. 
  • Isn't it basically a timmy? 

I've never tried any lovepedal kit to be honest, but I've heard they're a bit of a stealy-mcstealerson of builders. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Do they take a 9v battery? I'd like an overdrive with a boost to take to jam nights so I don't have to take my whole board; might pick one up if it comes in the pre-owned.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited January 2017
    Isn't it basically a timmy? 

I've never tried any lovepedal kit to be honest, but I've heard they're a bit of a stealy-mcstealerson of builders. 
    It's a lightly modified Timmy and a COT 50 (electra distortion) boost in a box.  It does sound a little different to a Timmy though leaving aside the boost they can both cover similar ground.  It doesn't sound quite as similar to the Timmy as a Jan Ray for instance.  

Sean has claimed it's based off a Kalamazoo but one look at the schematics show that's not the case.  
  • Adam_MD said:
    Isn't it basically a timmy? 

It's a lightly modified Timmy and a COT 50 (electra distortion) boost in a box.  It does sound a little different to a Timmy though leaving aside the boost they can both cover similar ground.  It doesn't sound quite as similar to the Timmy as a Jan Ray for instance.  

Sean has claimed it's based off a Kalamazoo but one look at the schematics show that's not the case.  

Interesting. I've heard a clone of the electra distortion and it was really sweet. 
  • Great pedal, really should get one again some time 
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    An even better pedal than both a timmy and the amp11 imo is a Caroline Haymaker. Fantastic pedal!
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    The haymaker is super flexible as well - you can get a huge range from it. That said, mines been temporarily bumped off my board as I picked up a Fulldrive 2 and have been giving that a go. Still like to try the amp 11 though.