Keeley D&M Drive

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    edited April 2017

They will appear on ebay. A lot of people probably bought it due to hype. I couldn't go through with it without a proper explanation and demo. A lot of pay up for a drive pedal you know little about.

Plus, people moaned about a full video games system (Nintendo Switch) which is MUCH more complex, yet I see tweaked drive pedals selling for more.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7497

Plus, people moaned about a full video games system (Nintendo Switch) which is MUCH more complex, yet I see tweaked drive pedals selling for more.

? you've lost me .... 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

? you've lost me .... 

Sorry going way off topic. Nintendo got ripped for releasing a £280 console. Fairly complex bit of kit involving a lot of highly paid designers and R&D. A boutique pedal company releases a drive for £350+ and no one bats and eyelid!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    What I get confused about is the mad rush. These will be available on the Robert Keeley website on the 10th May. What the massive rush? There hasn't even been a good demo of it yet. It's not as trhough there will only be 100 made ever?
    These will have the all important 'That Pedal Show' sticker on them :s
    tone1 said:
    What I get confused about is the mad rush. These will be available on the Robert Keeley website on the 10th May. What the massive rush? There hasn't even been a good demo of it yet. It's not as trhough there will only be 100 made ever?
    These will have the all important 'That Pedal Show' sticker on them :s

Personally, I'd rather pay less (plus free postage!) from a retailer. Easier to return. Hopefully a unique colour as well.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Classic case of hype and proof of Youtube being a fantastic marketing channel. Good luck to them. I'm sure its a good pedal, but I've just snagged a Lazy J Cruiser Deuce for less dosh, and am happy with that. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    TimmyO said:
    Adam_MD said:
    clarkefan said:
    Two Hundred And... wow I could get a certain hyped to hell amp for that...
    Still a lot less than people are paying for a secondhand king of tone though.  
    I'm drawing a blank on the amp reference... ? 
    Yes, Katana.  100w 1x12 combo, a shitload of power with *mental* amp and effects possibilities.

Or a dirt box.

Never.  Even the limited edition gold version (only a matter of time). Ditto KOT.

Marshall + SD-1, I'm good thank you.  But thank you D, and M, and RK, I appreciate your input.

World's gone mad.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited April 2017
    The power of Dan and Mick, social media and the Internet.

As a slight aside, I don't know if it's down to D & M and Capt Lee waxing lyrical about the Nobels ODR-1 or just a rather hefty post-Brexit price hike, but they're now £84 at Andertons but only recently were selling for £55.
    The ad has "As seen on TPS"

The pricing of the Keely D&M seems ok when compared to their other Keeley pedals, which have also experienced a price hike.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4723
    clarkefan said:
    TimmyO said:
    Adam_MD said:
    clarkefan said:
    Two Hundred And... wow I could get a certain hyped to hell amp for that...
    Still a lot less than people are paying for a secondhand king of tone though.  
    I'm drawing a blank on the amp reference... ? 
    Yes, Katana.  100w 1x12 combo, a shitload of power with *mental* amp and effects possibilities.

Mental effects possibilities?  Yeah unless you want more than 2 effects at once!  I sold mine because of the shit effects possibilities.

But yeah the amp is much better value.  The caveat to that is I thought a good pedal into the Katana sounded better than the Katana's onboard amp or pedal dirt, but it did sound quite good.

What I meant was, look at all the shit you get for the money, it is pretty astonishing. And it's not just lots of junk.  To be honest it wasn't for me, but only because I prefer the stuff I have and it would have to go if I got the Katana.  

But a shed load of people rate the thing, credit where it's due.

Or a distortion pedal... 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    They should have included 'yt compression sim' and 'tinny laptop speaker sim' to make it truly accurate for those of us that have been educated in middle of the road guitar tones in such a way.

and actually a 'dfa' dial to be able to tweak to make the subtle differences in awesomeness that makes them both smile so much.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I can't believe you tight fisted whingers moaning about the price of this wonderful, innovative overdrive pedal. It's the last pedal you'll ever need.
    And it's got a picture of a couple of potato men on the box.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    In regards to price Mick has confirmed on Facebook that it will be £229 
    At that price I am definitely not interested in picking up a new one, ill wait for a used one
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Sassafras said:
    I can't believe you tight fisted whingers moaning about the price of this wonderful, innovative overdrive pedal. It's the last pedal you'll ever need.
    You've bought one then ? :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Sassafras said:
    You've bought one then ? :)

One?
    I bought all of them, it's that good.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Kebabkid said:
    The power of Dan and Mick, social media and the Internet.

As a slight aside, I don't know if it's down to D & M and Capt Lee waxing lyrical about the Nobels ODR-1 or just a rather hefty post-Brexit price hike, but they're now £84 at Andertons but only recently were selling for £55.
    The ad has "As seen on TPS"

The pricing of the Keely D&M seems ok when compared to their other Keeley pedals, which have also experienced a price hike.
    Yeah the Nobel went up. Andertons/Chapman/Victory/TPS have some very clever marketing and deals going on behind closed doors, but I wonder if it will run out of steam? 
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    The TPS guys have built a brand and for me its logical that they will develop that by offering product - they could have been more cynical and put their name to any old crap n we would have berated them - so they team up with a world name in pedals and co-developed it and they get slagged cos its expensive but only in same space as similar products ie Wampler etc ..

Inevitably they are getting  the true british slagging they deserve cos theyre no longer working on a totally shoestring budget from the back of a shed and god forbid getting a modicum of success - how dare they !!

You have the option to vote or not  with your £'s n your viewing n likes/dislikes etc on social media - for me they've provided a different slant on product review, opened my eyes to effects, brands  and players ,I would never have bothered with and been genuinely entertaining at times - sure the formula may get tired n they'll either reinvent or someone else will take over - such is the short lived fame of social media .. but in the meantime good luck to them ... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    JMP220478 said:
    The TPS guys have built a brand and for me its logical that they will develop that by offering product - they could have been more cynical and put their name to any old crap n we would have berated them - so they team up with a world name in pedals and co-developed it and they get slagged cos its expensive but only in same space as similar products ie Wampler etc ..

Inevitably they are getting  the true british slagging they deserve cos theyre no longer working on a totally shoestring budget from the back of a shed and god forbid getting a modicum of success - how dare they !!

You have the option to vote or not  with your £'s n your viewing n likes/dislikes etc on social media - for me they've provided a different slant on product review, opened my eyes to effects, brands  and players ,I would never have bothered with and been genuinely entertaining at times - sure the formula may get tired n they'll either reinvent or someone else will take over - such is the short lived fame of social media .. but in the meantime good luck to them ... 
    Great post mate...

Yep, we knock TGP on here so much.... but man, we love bringing anything done on here...
    JMP220478 said:

I'll assume you're not referring to my comments.

I like the show, I learn a lot from Dan and enjoy his playing.

My comments were about charging that much for a distortion pedal.

Not an amazing combo amplifier, not an all - singing - all - dancing fx unit, not 6-8 hours of one to one lessons... a distortion pedal.  

Not just this one; any distortion pedal.