0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardsGuitarsRichardsGuitars Frets: 260
    edited January 2017
    edited January 2017
    mixolyd said:
    Lefties?
    Believe me this is a 100% focus for me.  I am really fanatical about supporting lefties and I am already talking to them about it.  Will update you shortly on this!
    edited January 2017
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    @0:52 ....ES330??
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
    edited January 2017
    these are the same price as Gibsons  and as they have really sorted out their QC, I think the Eastman les pauls  may struggle a bit to get the sales because the Gibsons are so good now  just my opinion though...i have had a couple of Eastman semis and they were nice guitars, not great but nice all the same
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    mixolyd said:
    @0:52 ....ES330??
    You spotted it - yep, another new launch.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    New fling?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Photo must've been taken on a Southern Rail track, no chance of it getting smashed by a train.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    edited January 2017
    This is their first ever solid body.  Anyone who knows Eastman arch tops will already appreciate these guitars are hand made, no CNC machinery and utilise the finest craftsmen and tonewoods.  I know the guy who designed this guitar and his passion for getting this right has been commendable.  

Les Paul?  Ted McCarty?

(Sorry.  Cheap shot.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    mgaw said:
    these are the same price as Gibsons  and as they have really sorted out their QC, I think the Eastman les pauls  may struggle a bit to get the sales because the Gibsons are so good now  just my opinion though...i have had a couple of Eastman semis and they were nice guitars, not great but nice all the same

What were the models you had?  Interesting you bought two?  In 22 years of studying archtops I can say hand on heart my heart leaps when I pick these guitars up.  I wanted to sell them for some years because each time one cropped up used I would spend an age playing it.  It would be interesting to know which models you had.  Regarding Gibson quality control... when exactly did you hear they have sorted their QC out?  Only last year they were literally teetering on the edge of the abys in terms of QC which I have experienced for over a decade so I would be surprised if everything is suddenly perfect in the World of Gibson - not until they get their employees satisfaction sorted.  If the boss is despised by the work force it doesn't make for great guitars.  You mentioned they are the same price as a Gibson too?  The body design is obviously similar (!) but that is where the comparisons end.  In terms of production you are comparing a hand made instrument with a mass produced guitar. For people who want a Gibson of course you must buy a Gibson - there is only one "Gibson".  For people who want to experience the tone, the sense of quality and feeling you get from a World Class guitar there are far more options than a Gibson these days.  Which in turn should help Gibson improve their quality.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Eastman are nice but I found mine was hard to sell second hand tho