Soulfood

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
Is it as good as the other Klones?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I love mine. First Klon klone I had so never bothered looking further.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    thanks TT  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • The Way Huge Saucy Box is worth checking out too, Hootsy.  I have one and love it.  
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3202
    Great value for money! 
    I have the ARC but my Brother in law was making noises about this one as I sold him the idea about the KLONES
    tae be or not tae be

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    My favorite pedal. Unbelievably good. Gives me the exact OD sound that I always wanted. I note others use it more as a clean boost. 

Disclaimer: I don't have another Klon type pedal to compare it with. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    steer said:
    My favorite pedal. Unbelievably good. Gives me the exact OD sound that I always wanted. I note others use it more as a clean boost. 

Disclaimer: I don't have another Klon type pedal to compare it with. 
    With you on that. I use it as an OD. 
  • I had one and liked it a lot. I was using more like od. So probably missed the point a bit and had better drives. Would get another though

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I've got one that I was going to sell, if it's of interest.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I've had one for a little while but never had any success using it as an overdrive pedal into a clean amp, just sounds thin and harsh. Bit better using it as a boost like a TS9, but it's not as good as a TS9 (for me). Then i used it in the loop just volume hikes for solo's, which it works well at. 

I suspect it's down to my amp, because i've demo'd Soul Food's into Marshalls, Orange's, Fender's etc and got great results, but i've tried it through 2 Mesa's now and i just can't get it to sound the same. So mine has now come off my board and i'll stick with my trusty TS9.
    shuikit said:
    I've got one that I was going to sell, if it's of interest.

is it boxed and how much you lookin'?
    tae be or not tae be
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    @hootsmon It is boxed and also comes with an ac adaptor. How's £40 posted sound?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    nick79 said:
    I've had one for a little while but never had any success using it as an overdrive pedal into a clean amp, just sounds thin and harsh. Bit better using it as a boost like a TS9, but it's not as good as a TS9 (for me). Then i used it in the loop just volume hikes for solo's, which it works well at. 

I suspect it's down to my amp, because i've demo'd Soul Food's into Marshalls, Orange's, Fender's etc and got great results, but i've tried it through 2 Mesa's now and i just can't get it to sound the same. So mine has now come off my board and i'll stick with my trusty TS9.
    I used to use my Soul Food as a sort-of pre-amp after all my dirt pedals going into the front of my Selmer T&B which is very clean with no master volume. It was virtually always on and smoothed out any volume spikes from fuzzes and distortions, which sort of replicated the way I run my amps that do have master volumes. I did find that it didn't really overdrive the Selmer as I'd expected but found that in it's designated role it was very good.

For the record, I can't get a really dirty overdrive from my EH Hot Tubes (nano) or Mooer Green Mile TS clone either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Cool, i'll try that out at next practice. I think it's such a versatile pedal, so many different way's to use it. Last night i used an eq pedal in the loop for a boost but it wasn't as good as the Soul Food.. I think i'll put it back on the board. 
  • I love mine. The only problem I find is the volume control can be a bit sensitive - easy to go from almost nothing to far too loud in a tiny movement. Other than that, it's great