SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale:- Top Spec Custom Shop LAG Imperator i3000 Master Built; £1500

What's Hot
gibbygibby Frets: 50
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
This is my LAG Imperator Custom Shop, bought a few years ago from Alex Hunter. Exceptional condition for an exceptional guitar. This is the top model; rare as!! I'm not sure if these guitars are even made now? Full review on Musicradar site.

Best described as a smaller bodied LES PAUL combined with a PRS Custom and Music Man Axis- Slimmer/reduced body size; around 8.5lbs, give or take!. Tonally WARM and WOODY..could say a "Les Paul Junior" size with a Carved top.

There are NO OBVIOUS MARKS anywhere on the body, negligible fret wear and only slight wear to the gold on the bridge where the hand rests.

This is a 2009 model with a SATIN DARK CHERRY/TIGER quilted maple top, mahogany back, seamless neck joint and EBONY fingerboard. Medium frets, plec set-up from factory. Hardware is Antique Gold Plated. Neck profile is a medium "C"; not as shallow as a modern "C" Fender but not as chunky as 50's Gibson. Custom Dimarzio pickups with Matt Black covers;push/pull coil taps on volume knobs.

NO MODIFICATIONS..100% ORIGINAL....and pampered!!!

Original fitted black "crock skin" case and signed certificate; guitar head stock is also signed by luthier. I've just accumulated too many guitars over the years (3 since Boxing day; bad GAS) that are not getting used; something has to go.

I'd prefer NOT to trade if I can help it, BUT  WILL consider something of similar value and quality as long as it has large/jumbo frets and NOT a thin neck;I really need to trim the herd tho! (Suggestions PRS SC 58/Custom, Les Paul Junior CS etc etc) Happy for anyone to pop around to try it out. Based in South Wales/Caerphilly/Merthyr area; near M4/A470. No huge rush to sell,not strapped for cash, so extreme bargain hunters feeding on the desperate will be disappointment. Musos who know a good guitar from a piece of chipboard will be very very happy!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gibbygibby Frets: 50
    Back online........

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely guitar. The pictures don't quite do it justice. Not made anymore but these were handcrafted by Michel Lag in his workshop in France. Will hold its own with PRS private stock models.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    few more pics.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

:)
    <3
    Open to trades :)
    Lag just been borrowed my mate..potential buyer :)
    Price drop to £1550 ono (cash)...shortcake biscuits,chocolate digestives, PRS's and pre-2000 Gibson LP's considered for trade.
    Blinking mate wont give the guitar back..and wont pay for it either!! Who needs friends; I just need buyers with £££..LOL!! =)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    That is a real beauty!
    Yep, it is :) Always been afraid to gig it, in case i give it a DING! Just a work of art really :) 
    Mate called in today praising the LAG...but no money with him, unfortunately :'(
    BUmpy WUmpy!
    Just been offered a trade for a PRS Cust 22 Hardtail...still prefer cash at mo, so no definite decision just yet.Anyone with cash out there for a rare Handbuilt Custom guitar would be welcome :)
    Didn't accept the SC trade...or any other trade at moment(but still try me :) )..don't need another guitar, so cash please :)
    ;)
    back up there! :)