Cimar C 660 BS - MIJ

andymanandyman Frets: 6
edited June 6 in Acoustics £
Made in Japan about 40 years ago. Cimar was Ibanez before they called themselves Ibanez.

It's aged extremely well and sounds especially good when fingerpicking. It's got little bits of wear, given the age and all, but is in surprisingly good condition. There's some wear on the fretboard (see the pictures), but it plays just fine. Comes with a gigbag.

Based in Cambridge. Looking for £210. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• andymanandyman Frets: 6
    Bump. Back up for sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 2772
    andyman said:
    Cimar was Ibanez before they called themselves Ibanez.
    Cimar was a name that Ibanez put on some of their budget models to avoid detracting from their established reputation.

Obvious giveaways for Cheepnis might include dogbreath tuning machines, a headstock decal rather than an inlay and as few fingerboard inlays as they thought they could get away with. (My budget Martin USA acoustic guitar is guilty of the latter.)
    I fear the Geeks, even when they bear GIFs.
    edited May 12
    andyman said:
    Cimar was Ibanez before they called themselves Ibanez.
    Cimar was a name that Ibanez put on some of their budget models
    Ah, cool - thanks for the info
    Obvious giveaways for Cheepnis might include dogbreath tuning machines
    Er, I'm lost...  (dogbreath??)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 2772
    Cheepnis and dogbreath are Frank Zappa expressions for things that are low budget or of poor quality. 

Many Japanese and Korean guitars are blighted with tuners with removable, lozenge-shape gear covers, fastened by two screws per cover. These tuners are notoriously unreliable - even when brand spanking new. Manufacturing using such parts is a way to keep to a retail price point.
    I fear the Geeks, even when they bear GIFs.
    edited May 14
    I don't know what to say; they've been completely solid since I've had it, and I've never had any issues. It plays and sounds great...
    Bump for a lovely guitar.
    Bump? Great all-rounder for multiple levels.