EHX Hot Tubes 1978 experiment HELP!

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
I have a 1978 EHX hot tubes which has 2 outputs: the driven output with an almost fuzzy drive, and a buffered clean output. The drive sounds great although the low E string does ring a little too fuzzy for my taste. I tried blending the pedal dry/wet returning the solidity to the bass notes by using a lehle parallel. The experiment was a success so I proposed a plan to my local tech of wiring the two outputs together
1st attempt of simply wiring them together found that the buffered signal wasn't loud enough.
2nd attempt added a stereo pot to mix them together but still the same problem
3rd attempt: added a buffer to the clean. The result was like two high pressure faucets where more of the other simply pushed the other out resulting in no blending.
I'm ready to abandon the whole experiment unless someone can suggest an internal solution (instead of an external blend pedal such as the lehle parallel).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited January 2017
    Why not get a Boss LS-2 and put the Hot Tubes in a parallel loop so you can keep a constant clean sound?

I know it's not internal, but I do this with my mod pedals and it works a treat.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I have the lehle parallel for that. I just wanted a nice tidy solution seeing that the ehx features 2 outputs. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    The fuzzdog/pedalparts JFET Blender is pretty small (the PCB is about an inch square).  Maybe you could squeak that in somewhere?...It does have a trimmer too, for helping balance the dry/wet volumes, which might sort out some of your issues.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    The fuzzdog/pedalparts JFET Blender is pretty small (the PCB is about an inch square).  Maybe you could squeak that in somewhere?...It does have a trimmer too, for helping balance the dry/wet volumes, which might sort out some of your issues.
    There's sooo much space in this pedal that I could insert another pedal. I'll give it a try though it warns against phasing problems. Thanks.