NBD - Ibanez SR370 EF BB

SnapSnap Frets: 6264
Got this for Christmas,
Not my photo, but this is it. Fretless.
I am v chuffed with it, and a month in I'm getting to grips with playing it, not having had a freltess for maybe 30 years or more.
Neck is very comfortable, and has a nice radius all the way up. Fretborad could maybe do with an oiling, and its come with roundwounds, which I prefer, due to the edge in tone. The board is starting to mark up, but I think I can live with that. We shall see.
Its all maple with rosewood board. Nice and light, but not too light/

Sounds - 3 way eq, pickup blend and volume. Active circuit, 3 way toggle, coil tap, series, power tap. Each setting gives noticably different tones, all of which are useable. It does big groovy motown through to metallic raspy all very nicely. Very impressed wit the variety of tones on offer.

Build quality is extremely good.

Its loud!

All in all, I am stunningly pleased with it. I was a bit iffy about getting a fretless, having been a teenager in the 80s, and heard it on umpteen chessy and crappy recordings, but having played this every day for the last month, I really really enjoy playing it, its such a different beast to fretted, and makes a nice break from decades of playing guitar.

Think I'm a closet bassist.

I'll try to get round to putting some audio clips up

cheers

JImage result for Ibanez SR370EF-BBT
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments