anyone using Hughes and kettner tube meister or grand meister with no cab straight into P.A.?

What's Hot
rocktroutrocktrout Frets: 31
edited February 2017 in Amps
have a gig coming up where I need to get a set up to go straight into desk , on a budget of 500-600 
was looking at the Hughes and kettner range , I'm looking to use my pedals into amp and then into the desk straight any advise on any gear to do this would be much appreciated . Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A friend of mine runs his tubemeister 36 with the redbox DI into the pa when accompanying me on acoustic/vox at small restaurant gigs etc, it sounds decent enough, doesnt compare to the response of a cab though in my opinion and i couldnt imagine playing with a drummer like that, unless you were all mic'd and running in ears with separate mixes, it'd be really disorientating. 

If you have to go only PA, then maybe having just in ears for yourself? Still feels weird from experience though. 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited February 2017
    I always run my GM36 direct to PA via its Red Box out, but still use a cab for onstage monitoring.  The DI makes for a very consistent FOH sound night after night and saves time faffing around with an extra mic and stand etc.  Not one layman in the audience will ever be able to tell the difference.
  • Thanks for the reply Stefb really appreciate it, do you use pedals with the clean channel ? 
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    rocktrout said:
    Thanks for the reply Stefb really appreciate it, do you use pedals with the clean channel ? 

No, except for a TC Nova Drive on one lead patch.  For gritty cleans with hair around the edges I use the clean channel on 18w mode with boost on; I've never found the need for any pedals with it, other than the TC for lead patches only to get a bit more saturation than the Lead or Ultra modes give.
  • Cheers Chriscox for the reply mate , the gig is using backing tracks , keyboard and electric guitar , I'd be getting the mix back in a monitor on stage that's why I'm thinking no need for a cab with the amp 
  • cool, you could probably save yourself some money then and get a 2nd hand tubemeister 18 in that case :)
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • Thanks for the help lads much appreciated