SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Yamaha AES1500 Pretty much brand new, for a nice strat? (Photos updated!)(PRICE DROP!)

What's Hot
xinkaixinkai Frets: 44
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
SOLD to a nice gentleman whose playing complements this beauty very nicely.

For sale is a Yamaha AES1500 in Orange,
Bought it from Singapore on 05/01/17. 
Sat pretty in its case for almost 3 weeks while i had exams and searched for an amp thereafter. Total usage is definitely under 10hours, maybe under 5hours. Plastic film on pickguard still on.

As much as i want to hold on to it, i just can't seem to get any groove going playing this guitar, so i've decided i'm more of a strat guy.

I've already got a cheap Mexican strat, but i'm open to trading with a nice strat (of any make) with or without cash from you.

Not interested in topping up on my side though, as i simply can't afford it. 

Value is £1200
Price is NOW £1100

I'm based in Central London, collection preferred, but can post at cost.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow , that's purdy
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    edited February 2017
    I'm not in the market but these are brilliant guitars.
    GLWTS.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    They are exceptional guitars
  • xinkaixinkai Frets: 44
    thanks for the bumps!
    a guy asked me to email him about the guitar, which i did, but havent heard back yet. odd. 

anyway, bump for a beautiful gem!
    xinkai said:

a guy asked me to email him about the guitar, which i did, but havent heard back yet. odd. 

Welcome to the world of selling guitar gear !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    xinkai said:

Welcome to the world of selling guitar gear !
    It's a weird world indeed! 

Bumpity bump! Got an offer to trade for a USA Telebration Cabronita, but i'm still thinking about it.... 
  • I've got a telebration and its like having a Gretsch that you can chuck about. Mines covered in dings but it adds to the mojo when it's Tele shaped (in my opinion of course)
    Well if the trade does happen i'm doing it really just for the fun of having a different guitar to try. 

Meanwhile, bumpy bump! Is there no one else interested in this?
    bump! telebration trade not happening, still looking out for a nice strat ideally. 

can post at cost if that helps!
    daily bump
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1438
    xinkai said:
    daily bump
    Read the rules.on bumping dude. No more than once every 48 hours.
    sorry bout that, really trying to offload this before i develop an attachment to it. 

guess i'm allowed to bump now? Bumpity bump!
    Bump! 
    I COULD be coaxed into throwing in some cash for a trade up towards a nice strat.
  • Now if you'd have said that last week I would have politely offered you my Springfield :-)
    Now if you'd have said that last week I would have politely offered you my Springfield :-)
    Last week i wasn't ready to put in money, but seeing as how little love there is for this guitar, i suppose i have to widen my scope. Don't think you're still interested now, are you? Especially since you've snapped up the SA700 on here...
  • No worries and apologies as I'm being an arse really  . As you know I did fancy the pants off your Yammy and thought I'd never love another but so far the SA700 has been brilliant.

Im guessing they are incredibly similar so I'd probably not want another but I'll do some googling to compare specs.

Im really surprised no one has come in for it yet as it's one of the most gorgeous new guitars I've seen in here for a while. 
    No worries and apologies as I'm being an arse really  . As you know I did fancy the pants off your Yammy and thought I'd never love another but so far the SA700 has been brilliant.

Im guessing they are incredibly similar so I'd probably not want another but I'll do some googling to compare specs.

Im really surprised no one has come in for it yet as it's one of the most gorgeous new guitars I've seen in here for a while. 
    That's alright really. I've taken it out to play a couple more times and am slowly learning to play the kind of sounds it was meant to do. Still more used to a strat, but i think this is forcing me to learn more stuff, which is always a good thing. 

If the SA700 is anything like it's flashier cousin, the SA2200, i think the main differences are only the pick ups, and obviously the body shape. The AES is a later series than the SA though, i'm not sure what other design considerations Yamaha has made in that duration.

I think the people on here are more accustomed to buying used gear and those usually have better value? I'm not sure if i've overpriced my guitar to be honest. 
  • Yeah it's tough because most people on here keep their gear in top condition so a lot of the used guitars could pass as nearly new.  I normally expect to see a nearly new guitar go for about 2/3 of the new price so I don't think you are far out mate
    I am well -up on Yams .........Dr Cornelius (hi Con ) ,lovely guy,has got a superb guitar in the SA 700 -I am a huge fan of these and used to have a collection of SA2000 /2000s guitars ....IMO  best Semi in the world 
    What you have,Sir,is a full Hollowbody of exceptional quality that is very different from a semi of any kind .It is the perfect cross between an ES175 and a big Gretsch with an incredible and very well reviewed set of Seymour Duncan pickups that were only available in this guitar.They are rare and not especially popular because they were never well marketed in UK but are an absolutely stunning guitar and capable of everything..........I think Yamaha in general gets very foolishly overlooked by many . You have only got to look at the Pacifica guitars which decimate anything else in their class.
     These were available in White or Orange and with/without Bigsby ..........keep it and you will be glad you did . Listen to some you tube of Frank Gambale on one of these ......wow !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just given you wisdom Dom because you said I was a nice guy (thanks too for the Ibanez - it's still next to my bed and being played most days)