Before I blow up my Memory Man.....

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
I've got this pedal power supply... it has six isolated outlets... selectable from 9-12 volts @ 100mA.

http://burkey.nl/Flatliner SIX.html

I've also just purchased a voltage doubler from voodoo labs... the two black connectors go to the two pedal power outlets, both outlets switched from 9 to 12 volts.

Then the red connector goes straight into MM? 

http://www.peachguitars.com/accessories/cables/voodoo-lab-reverse-polarity-voltage-doubler-cable.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiA8dDEBRDf19yI97eO0UsSJAAY_yCSeoMKvcQ8FvR84unHpFuXfYJoZZc01yf1XBsvuRO5IhoCuOfw_wcB

Is this all I need to do? 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yep I did this exact thing with my Walrus Phoenix PSU and big box DMM. As long as it's the big box wanting 24V (2x12) you'll be fine. The cable you've got reverses polarity so you're good to go! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love the username btw 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peaches said:
    Yep I did this exact thing with my Walrus Phoenix PSU and big box DMM. As long as it's the big box wanting 24V (2x12) you'll be fine. The cable you've got reverses polarity so you're good to go! 
    Thanks mate!
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    edited February 2017
    Hi! I'm back for more questions, the Memory Man works a treat btw!

Hope this makes sense, I've just found this video on YT which has got me a little confused? as mentioned in the post above I have connected the voodoo labs 18/24 volts voltage doubler straight to two 12 volt (center negative) outlets on my pedal power to combine to 24 volts, then connected red positive tip connector to the memory man.

In the video the chap is using what looks like the voodoo labs voltage 18/24 volts doubler adaptor (center negative) then adds another (red right angled) connector into the equation, is this a polarity thing going on?    
  • bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    I have mine connected like to a PP2+ just like yours is. It should be okay as long as it's positive.
  • bwets said:
    I have mine connected like to a PP2+ just like yours is. It should be okay as long as it's positive.
    Thanks! Sorry chaps I don't understand all this postive/center negative stuff... my brain can't take it! 
  • I've also got the gig rig electroman adaptor which would have been a better option as it frees up a power outlet, but turns out my pedal power doesn't have enough mA to run the electroman and big box DMM... weirdly the electroman works perfectly with my XO version, can anyone explain this?