SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

NOW SOLD FS/FT: PRICE DROP Hughes and Kettner Puretone Head and matching 2 X 12 cab

pruddprudd Frets: 667
edited May 2014 in Amps £

SORRY, NOW SOLD

For sale, as per title, the whole package head and matching cab. Belongs to my mate who’s not big on computers, so posting this to help him out.

Still under warrantee and in fabulous condition, as good as new, very occasional  home use and only two small pub gigs under its belt.

Comes with protective covers

Awesome tone and top quality build, and looks the part too!

Located in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, collection only.

Looking for £1075 for the pair. will take £995   NOW ONLY £875

Cant seem to get any more pics up than these 2 below, and even one of them is cut in half.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/prudd/h%20and%20k/DCP_4682_zps39376ff4.jpg

http:/http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/prudd/h%20and%20k/DCP_4686_zpsd45aac23.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/prudd/h%20and%20k/DCP_4686_zpsd45aac23.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    I've got the combo version of this and it's bloody fantastic. 

I'd quite fancy the head and cab version, but I don't suppose he'd be interested in a trade?
  • pruddprudd Frets: 667
    I've got the combo version of this and it's bloody fantastic. 

I'd quite fancy the head and cab version, but I don't suppose he'd be interested in a trade?

I'll ask him, but i doubt he will.

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I bought the head a few weeks ago (after Monq's recommendations). Its an awesome amp - extremely loud too! Its great as the sound engineer cant ask me to turn down anymore as the lowest setting is my giging volume! Clean and punchy. Works well with pedals. My Les Paul sings through it. I use an Orange cab, but dont think anyone would be disappointed with this amp!
    edited January 2014
    Parker said:
    I bought the head a few weeks ago (after Monq's recommendations). Its an awesome amp - extremely loud too! Its great as the sound engineer cant ask me to turn down anymore as the lowest setting is my giging volume! Clean and punchy. Works well with pedals. My Les Paul sings through it. I use an Orange cab, but dont think anyone would be disappointed with this amp!

Yeah, I could'nt believe how loud it was, I love the uncluttered simplicity of it as well, if  I were a gigging guitarist I'd have it myself.

Ive got the Puretone's little cousin, the Tubemeister 5 watt head, which also belts out a hell of a volume!

tFB Trader
    I think they've done themselves a disservice calling it 25 Watts as I suspect the wrong people will buy it. The attenuator means you can use it at home, but it's 25 Watts in the way that an AC30 is 30 Watts i.e. frigging loud. 

I took it to Gearfest East and people were freaked out how loud it was (and we had a Plexi, an AC30 and a Bluesbreaker on stage!)

bump for a very fine head and cab.

my mate might be interested in trades, guitars or amps, what you got?

• That sounds amazing from the Youtube vids.

bump for trades or cash sale
    would like to do a deal with a Fractal Axe FX Ultra or MK11
    bump and price adjustment to 995
    Bump for an as new amp and cab.
    still available, would consider trade with quality guitar, PRS, Musicman, Anderson etc..
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I have got a puretone head and 2 x 12 cab. It's the most fantastic amp I have ever owned.
    markj said:
    I have got a puretone head and 2 x 12 cab. It's the most fantastic amp I have ever owned.

Thanks for the endorsement Mark, they are indeed fantastic sounding amps

• markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Forget about Marshalls do your self a favour and buy this superb amp. I have this head and cab and it was eventually bought after a long and expensive journey that included. Hand wired Cornfords and numerous Marshalls. Nothing comes close to my puretone.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    There seems to be quite a few PT users out there - I thought I was the only one to stumble on the holy grail of tone!!

markj said:
    Forget about Marshalls do your self a favour and buy this superb amp. I have this head and cab and it was eventually bought after a long and expensive journey that included. Hand wired Cornfords and numerous Marshalls. Nothing comes close to my puretone.
    my mate who is selling this has gone through dozens of high end and boutique amps and cabs to get to the Puretone. Shame he has to move it on really.
    tFB Trader
    They are proper ace. 

I'd love the head and cab version, but my combo is great. 

bump. will trade with Anderson/PRS/Musicman/Suhr etc. etc.

bump with pics added