Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: Millimetric arrived - WITH VIDEO

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
edited February 2017 in Guitar
After a long wait, the longest i've ever waited for a guitar, its finally arrived. First impressions...AMAZING!

the neck profile is somewhere between my aluminium neck and a gibson SG standard neck, flatter profile but with more depth, fits perfectly in the hand and makes playing so much easier and comfortable. The balance and weight is great, light but not too much and the balance is great, it just sits in the right spot when standing up and it never wants to shift position or neck dive. 

The build quality, it simply perfect; the man is a perfectionist. One thing i noticed which i've never seen before is all the screws are allen key screws, no phillips head screws to be seen. Each to the own, but i for one much prefer these over phillips head or flat head screws, I see these as having much more longevity. 

The bridge...its his own design, and it takes a little getting use to, but not that long. Its a really nice clean design, and simple to adjust. I thought i would struggle with adjusting string height, but actually, its the simplest one I've come across.

The Pickups...I have a hum bucker in the bridge and P90 in the neck...the perfect combo. The pickups are really good, a lot of sparkle and clarity. I think if i tuned to standard with lighter gauge strings i wouldn't like them. But with 13-62 strings and tuned to B, the highs are actually quite good, and add a lot of clarity to the sound in clean or distorted. I always prefer to have more treble and highs coming from the guitar, which i can easily dial out with the amp, rather than not having it trying to add it in artificially with the amp. So this is the right balance for me.

Anyway...pics...i have pics galore! (maybe a little overboard, but this guitar deserves it)

0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3426
    edited February 2017
    That looks great. I note it also fits in with your  life-aesthetic and matches both your amp *and* your house
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28557
    Those fret markers are lovely - as is the guitar as a whole. Really nice.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Nice place, good to see the guitar doesn't mess with your feng shui.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    My order is so going in. Looks gorgeous. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    That looks awesome!
  • That is a cool set up, congrats!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Well cool. :)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    That's awesome, congratulations. Can I play it and your Matamp if I ever come to Sydney? 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7060
    tFB Trader
    That really is very nice indeed.
  • It's certainly different!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    That really is stunning. The way it fits perfectly with the rest of your house is fantastic :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Wowzers - stunning 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7526
    Do you pay less tax for existing mostly in B&W ? ;-) 

It's a handsome thing that's for sure 
    Red ones are better. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That there is a nice looking guitar (and house!)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2910
    I wasn't sure about it when I first saw your old thread, but I actually really like that. Fits the rest of your rig and house perfectly!
  • I don't say this lightly but that's genuinely the coolest guitar I've ever seen on this forum. 

Top of the class. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Glad you've finally got it, took long enough! I'm really starting to like the design now, although I think the colour scheme helps.
    Not sure about the orange cable though, that's got to go.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Thanks for the complements...I'm thoroughly beyond satisfied with this guitar. I think I've reached the pinnacle of buying guitars...there's really nothing else I would want. 

And yeah, it's kinda coincidental that it matches our house and decor so well...I didn't consciously try to do it, except the white, but that's because I wanted it to match my amp. I think subconsciously I was drawn to the guitar because it matches my taste in design to start with. 

And @Loobs  if you make it down here...consider your request granted + beers!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    TimmyO said:
    Do you pay less tax for existing mostly in B&W ? ;-) 

It's a handsome thing that's for sure 
    Can I give you like 10 lol's for that?! 
  • samzadgan said:
    Thanks for the complements...I'm thoroughly beyond satisfied with this guitar. I think I've reached the pinnacle of buying guitars...there's really nothing else I would want
    LOLZ  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom