where's a good place to start learning some marillion tunes?

What's Hot
steve rothery has to be in my top 3 of fav guitarists,but it has been ages since listening to any marillion.

have always wanted to try and play some of his music though.

what might you recommend as something to begin with (not too difficult ;-)

ta :-)
i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I used to have site bookmarked that had a lot of tabbed Marillion tracks but it seems to be down at the moment. 

I only wanted to do some simple bit,  Sugar Mice, Afraid of Sunlight (into),  a crack at the Fantastic place solo.

Couldn't get my fingers around the arpeggio's.

Made Again, from Brave is a gentle stum-along,  afraid thats about the best level I got.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5036
    In a galaxy far, far away...?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    The ninth circle of hell - traitors to men ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014

Ignore them  

:-@

Steve Rothery is an amazing guitarist (solo album in the works!)

• South Yorkshire.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

Ignore them  

:-@

Hey - I bit my tongue on this!

There are a lot of women in their 20's called Kayleigh so as a musical chat up line I would start there. Might be also be a song you might use in a band situation that isn't a Marillion tribute act. I should also imagine you could find the tabs for it ( if needed).  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • 1982?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Is nobody else going to do this? No, ok, I guess I'll have to:

;)

Tongue firmly in cheek, mind. I'm a big fan of both bands, even if the guitar part for He Knows You Know really is basically Follow You Follow Me twisted a little bit, just like the title!

• Marillion = Awesomes

Not much help but felt I had to show my solidarity. :)

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I had a bootlegged Marillion rehearsal from about 1981 where they cover "I Know What I Like".
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Just booked a ticket for the Steve Rothery solo tour next year (Robin 2) :-)
  • I have tickets for Rothers London Gig at Bush Hall.  An album that was funded via Kickstarter,  apparently the fastest funded project ever in the UK and the 3rd fasted worldwide.

Marillion have released albums every couple of years since the 80s.  The last in 2012 "Sounds That Cant be Made" was followed by a world tour.  Members are working on solo projects this year and will be recording a new album later in the year.

Their fan base is huge and continues to grow.   They are one of the best live bands, and they have an incredible connection to fans via their own website and forum as well as Facebook and twitter.  

Knock then as you will, but they broke free of their record company EMI years ago so they could make the music they wanted and not be forced to produce music at the behest of a corporate management company.