Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Andertons service...

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
Recently (Jan), part ex'd an old guitar of mine with Andertons, and paid a little extra for a used Chapman ml-2. Had been wanting to give them a go, and seeing as the guitar I traded was the least played and lowest end of my line up, I decided it could go.. with the intention of buying its bigger brother model in the future to replace it with.. beause I really cant let stuff go... 

ANYWAY.. I digress. 

So earlier in the week I decided I liked the chapman ml-2, but kinda didnt want it in black. Its my most least favourite of colours.. even though the flame top was lovely.. also as it was used it was a bit minging and needed a serious set up and a new tone knob (it worked but was a little looser in torque than the volumes, and crackled a bit). I'm sure andertons would have remedied this for me.. but you know what Gas is like dont you?

Here started the gas... I thought I could trade the chapman back in, and instead of spending money on a new tone knob and set up, I could spend it on a brand new chapman ml2.. which obviously would be new out the box, have a years warranty and a free gig bag, and also if I was going to drive 120 miles there and back to have them change the pot.. all the justifications y'kno.. 

Anyway I had a cheeky idea, so I emailed Andertons Tuesday evening, expecting a 'fuck off mate' reply.. 

I explained to them when I part ex'd, + paid some extra to get the used Ml2, (4 weeks ago), and how I liked it but really fancied buying a new one now in a different colour, and asking really nicely if they would allow me to exchange it and pay the difference off a new one. 

Trade in + cash I paid worked out to £300, so I was willing to pay the extra £140 for the new one if they'd exchange for what I paid. 

Lo and behold, a reply the very next morning. 'Of course you can' he said. 

Would exchange it straight up. I was expecting them to say either it would have to be traded in again, or they would knock some money off because I'd used it for 4 weeks or how about just no because unless its faulty, as I'm well aware retailers have no obligation to exchange or refund seeing as I bought it in store. 

The fella explained that you have 30 days for an exchange, so long as you got your reciept and the item is as it was sold (so no damage or what not). 

Excellent stuff. So off I commuted. Even got a front of store parking space mwahahah. Forgot to ask if any of the 6 I saw on the website were actually in store though.. silly me. 

Turned out only the display model was in store, but the fella happily said If i wanted to wait 40 minutes or poodle off into town, he would send someone to the warehouse to get me a new boxed one. 

Great stuff, so I went and perved over Guildfords women and found a mcdonalds. Far too dangerous hanging around the store after payday... 

Came back and they had brought 2 for me to choose from. Thats cool. Asked if I wanted to jam with it in the booth etc. 
Swapped it over for me no problems, and before I paid the difference I put a pack of d'addarios on the counter n said I'll take these as well, but the guy said 'oh i'll chuck those in for ya'. Sweet. Didnt even have to ask! 

I left and drove home. Eating beef jerky and cruising the m25 feeling like a winner, only to Realise this was one of their guitars advertised to come with a free accessory pack worth £40.. oops. We all forgot this. 

Not fussed though and I was already 30 miles away, I presume it would be basic guitar accessories which I really didnt want nor need.. 
However... 

Kinda want freebies! 
So (its now Friday) a quick email to the same fella I spoke to the day before and explained I really wasnt too fussed but if they could sort me something out that would be epic. 

He emailed back a lovely reply, asked where he could send me one to save me driving back. 

Today (Sat) I got a dpd text saying it will be delivered Monday. 

So I felt like sharing a fantastic experience both by instore staff, and by the email/customer service fella. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    Great to hear. I had a warranty issue with an amp and the service was excellent. Bought lots of stuff online with excellent communications and quick service. Also some great, honest advice about a few guitar related queries. 
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    Wow, that's brilliant. :)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited February 2017
    Yeah twas great! 

Heres andertons return policy for unwanted items.  (copied from their website as of Feb 2017) 

I'm presuming these are also the same for items purchased in store, as mine was, and that the 14 day refund isnt just for distance selling. 

:: 

Returning and exchanging unwanted items

• Items can be returned for a full refund if you contact us within 14 calendar days of receiving your item**
    • Items can be exchanged for a similar item within 30 days of receiving your item**
    • ** provided that the item is returned undamaged and in a condition that indicates you have subjected it to normal use only. Items should be returned as they were originally packaged as far as is possible.
  • Yeah, but they make some videos that some people don't like. That's the important thing. ;-)
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, but they make some videos that some people don't like. That's the important thing. ;-)
    It does strike me as odd that the joyless among us would see people making videos for free as a negative. I've found them a good shop, second only to GuitarGuitar and that's saying alot as GG are honestly the best vendor in the country IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2017
    I think their videos are pretty good, wish they were nearer to me as id love to have a look round - good to know the service is great too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a cool story. Andertons used to come on here but I've not seen any comments from them for a while.

I like the store and they own the social media strategy right now. All down to hard work, mistakes made and tweaking I'd expect.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    After you'd perved over Guildford's women, what did you do for the remaining 38 minutes?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    They let me trade in an HD500X and L3S for a Helix even though the HD500X was past 30 days. Only just past, but even so, quite decent of them. No fuss, no argument.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    edited February 2017
    I love hearing about shops looking after their customers - Andertons clearly understand the value of a long-term customer.

I think Lee comes across as a nice guy. It's good to hear his business reflects that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I went in (again) this week to buy a tremolo pedal, they were just brilliant - got one out and set it up in the test studio with another to A / B against, and told me to choose whatever guitar I wanted to test it with. 

I emailed them later to let them know what great service I'd had. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Excellent!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Sassafras said:
    After you'd perved over Guildford's women, what did you do for the remaining 38 minutes?
    Class!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Sounds like they deserve to be number one retailer - that's a great service all round. 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Yeah, but they make some videos that some people don't like. That's the important thing. ;-)
    This. 

Shame they don't come on here anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I agree. However some of their Saturday staff can be a bit clingy. 

One of their chaps was as good as gold when I went in there to try delay and drive pedals - can't for the life of me remember his name though. He has long hair and is Northern. 
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2467
    edited February 2017
    They've always been great to me. They could do with some smaller packing materials in their warehouse though, check out this box they sent me with two unboxed used pedals in it 
    https://i.imgur.com/ULV2Os0.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They've always been great to me. They could do with some smaller packing materials in their warehouse though, check out this box they sent me with two unboxed used pedals in it 
    https://i.imgur.com/ULV2Os0.jpg
    Wow, they hand out free large cardboard boxes too ?? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Sassafras said:
    Sat in specsavers of course! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2017
    skunkwerx said:
    Sassafras said:
    Sat in specsavers of course! 
    No, he THOUGHT it was specsavers but it was actually the shoe shop next door! :3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom