Tech 21 RK5 Fly Rig

What's Hot
montermonter Frets: 2
this uber-compact minimal multi-effect pedal was what I have been looking for as a 'fail-safe' should a valve drop and I had to complete a gig DI to the PA. The delay is lovely and to my ear it is far more musical than my DD7; the OMG offer exciting hi-gain with colossal mid-range punch, and dials down nicely, and the boost is very usable.... but oh dear...that Sansamp module (voiced for clean) is so noisy! Even DI to desk and into my DAW the Sansamp demonstrates a whopping noise level and traduced into a pro front-of-house system is not really usable. And that is a real shame, because the concept and design of this simple unit is brilliant... simple quality .. if anyone else has found the same problem and perhaps has a remedy I would love to hear before I do something expensive !!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Interesting. I've got the standard flyrig, and not noticed any noise problems. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had the standard and currently have the RK and have to tell you if your sansamp is noisy then yours Is broke
  • it's the second one .. they replaced it... second one same as the first one...sounds like I need to go back to Sansamp rather than the supplier I got it from 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Both of mine ran DEAD silent 
  • I had the FlyRig 5 and the levels of background noise made the unit unusable.  I can run a Koji into a Suhr Riot and still get less noise than the FlyRig 5.  It had the worst noise of any amp, distortion, overdrive or modelling unit I've ever played.
  • I literally don't recognise the unit you guys are describing. I play with single couples and sometimes pretty high gain. Especially with the RK5 and not only would I say it's not noisy I am actually impressed how little noise/noise floor the unit has

are you powerig it with 12v?
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I've made an album with a Sansamp. Id suggest you have an issue.