EHX Canyon

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
Looks like fun. Reverse mode sounds very nice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like an excellent box of tricks. Wonder how much it'll go for.
  • Watched this last night; I probably wasn't paying oodles of attention but seemed to have some good sounds. My usual complaint with boxes like these (like the Flashback) is that accessing all the features isn't practical live so all that versatility is only good for home/studio use. €139 I think? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Looks good but yeah I'm not sure how I'd go about using it live. The fact that the mod speed and delay length/feedback are shared by the same knobs can be a pain.
  • Interesting points. for this type of pedal, I tend to find 1 or 2 sounds rather than constantly change, so it would be on my live board - with another delay and reverb... with only occasional adjustment. Whilst it's a do it all pedal, I could not use it that way without presets.
  • From that video, I have learnt that phrasing is a big part of why DG sounds like DG. 

He could have played through pretty much any distorted tone and I'd have been transported to the first time I heard that song. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    That looks like a tad more versatile TC Flashback or Alter Ego, being able to control the modulation is a wonderful thing.. regarding using it live.. this is why you need to spend time learning your pedals so you can set them up to the next new sound quickly 
  • Dopesick said:
    Looks good but yeah I'm not sure how I'd go about using it live. The fact that the mod speed and delay length/feedback are shared by the same knobs can be a pain.
    Yeah for all those critical moments when you absolutely NEED to change the modulation speed mid song down the Dog & Bollock
    How very rock and roll
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Dopesick said:
    Yeah for all those critical moments when you absolutely NEED to change the modulation speed mid song down the Dog & Bollock
    Don't be goddamn ludicrous.

It was the Ocelot & Blunderbuss.
  • Stomp boxes are stomp boxes so you can stomp on them not bend over in the dark and twiddle knobs whilst you miss the start of the next song boxes.

Simple changes or compromise settings are one thing but this is a single box that does a range of quite different sounding stuff with the possibility of sub divisions, tap tempo,etc, which needs multiple twiddles to utilise. Even with familiarity it would be a right PIA on a gig. YMMV.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How long will it be for ehx to fetch out the 'Grand Canyon' with presets and separate tap tempo etc.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 185 dollars apparently. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• 185 dollars apparently. 
    EHX say $139 street price.

How long will it be for ehx to fetch out the 'Grand Canyon' with presets and separate tap tempo etc.
    It had occurred to me before I read this that they could do a Grand Canyon with pre sets,etc. Just a matter of time then...
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Amazing value. Great demo, too. I want one.