Cheap microphone and stand, suggestions needed

You may know about the fortnightly music making get together at my friends house. Pushing the boundaries a bit, I would like to sing a song or two. We have a small p.a. system in the room. Please suggest a cheap microphone. Also a stand. Better if the stand/microphone holder can be clipped to a heavy music stand I have. This stand is used for note taking, song lyric sheets etc. Spend to be as little as possible as we will not be taking it on the road. Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rocker said:
    You may know about the fortnightly music making get together at my friends house. Pushing the boundaries a bit, I would like to sing a song or two. We have a small p.a. system in the room. Please suggest a cheap microphone. Also a stand. Better if the stand/microphone holder can be clipped to a heavy music stand I have. This stand is used for note taking, song lyric sheets etc. Spend to be as little as possible as we will not be taking it on the road. Thanks.
    Ok not cheap, cheap but I've bought one of these bundles before, really good
     https://www.studiospares.com/search.aspx?eaSearch=sm58 and stand
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
  • How much have you spent on your guitar? But you want to spend as little as possible on a vocal mic? I'm not sure this is a good strategy.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    I understand what you are saying @BenSirAmos but my needs are for playing and singing with three friends in one of their houses every fortnight. With electric guitars, bass and drums unmixed vocals can be heard but at a struggle. And as we have an old but serviceable p.a. system and two microphones already, a cheap microphone is what I need. Two members are gigging regularity and there is absolutely no way  any of us want to take it out on the road. Been there, done that and the tee shirt is now being used to clean the floor. This get together is purely for the joy of playing music and having a laugh when it goes wrong. Thomann sell low priced kit, this may be all I need. Anyone any experience with their in house gear? I know you get what you pay for but my needs are simple...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I would have thought that if the vocals can only be heard at a struggle and you are pushing boundaries by moving into vocals, then the best possible mic will help to get more volume, less feedback and a better sound. I'd lend you one to try - but I don't think we are close. Have fun anyway.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Sorry but my word 'unmiked' got auto changed to 'unmixed'. Damn computers. Thanks @BenSirAmos

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum