Fender warranty

What's Hot
Hey guys. Has anyone had any dealings with Fender Warranty? I bought a Tele from PMT a year ago, and it developed a sympathetic ring and faulty neck pickup. 'No worries' I thought. It's under warranty. So I dutifully returned it to PMT, who sent it off to Fender.

2 and a half months later and I haven't heard a peep. The best I can get out of PMT is that 'Fender are still working on it'. 

Anyone else had experience with Fender Warranty repairs? I'm wondering if 10 weeks is normal..

I'm a session guitarist and luckily have access to other guitars. But I'm pretty sure that I could've fixed it quicker than that. Can't help thinking they've lost it.

Probably serves me right for a) buying a brand new guitar and b) buying it from PMT. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Unfortunately sounds like a bit of billy bull from PMT.  Might be worth calling Fender UK directly to really find out what is going on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Contact Fender directly 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14245
    tFB Trader
    My experience with Fender is 5-10 days and that includes 2/3 days in transit - they are normally very good and on the ball in supporting the dealer - PMT should be able to supply you with the RA number for your job - Then call Fender service dept with that RA number and see where it takes you - only reason it should be longer if spares are required from the USA
  • Nice one guys. That's exactly the info I needed. I knew 10 weeks was excessive. Eurgh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last year my wife had problems with a tablet PC. We took it back to the shop and they said "we have to send it to the manufacturer, if its not back in 28 days we'll give you a new one". 

Might be worth checking up what PMTs return policy actually says (in case it says similar) or what consumer law says (in case it says similar). 

10 weeks is way too long. I'd have been in their shop making a loud noise about it in front of their customers on a busy afternoon long before now :-)
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    My experience of PMT would be that they haven't sent it off yet, or have tried to repair it themselves and bodged it and now Fender won't fix it.

I would be more paranoid about it's return condition though, bet it has some extra road worn dings for you. 

Don't suppose you paid on your credit card? 

Also 10 weeks is unreasonable you you could look at legal proceedings for a refund or even loss of use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Funnily enough I did pay on credit card. I spose I could try a section 75 complaint.

Tried contacting PMT yesterday regarding an RA number/contact number for Fender - no reply. I think you're right: it's either been lost, broken or forgotten about. 

Eurgh. Corporations.
    tFB Trader
    Funnily enough I did pay on credit card. I spose I could try a section 75 complaint.

Tried contacting PMT yesterday regarding an RA number/contact number for Fender - no reply. I think you're right: it's either been lost, broken or forgotten about. 

Eurgh. Corporations.
    PM me when you get 2 mins - I need your serial number + make/model and a date you took it to PMT + which branch and I'll send it on to Fender for you - and/or will send you their contact nos
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PMT= Bunch of arrogant incompetent tossers 

Wouldn't go near any of their stores as they're dreadful for customer service once they've taken your hard earned 
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Pm me the details and I'll check on it today for you. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    MattFGBI said:
    Pm me the details and I'll check on it today for you. 
    Thanks Matt - I was going to gather info and fwd onto the guys etc - thanks Mark - are you at the show next week - or still waiting on the 'new delivery' - best wishes with baby Matt
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    I'll not be at the show, still waiting for the baby! 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

tFB Trader
    MattFGBI said:
    I'll not be at the show, still waiting for the baby! 
    best wishes