Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ever missed out on a guitar?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
Bet everyone has.. whats the guitar you regretted not buying, that at the time you could have afforded or had?

Was it a mass produced exception, a limited run or a one off custom? A fleeting fancy perhaps, that you were gassing for but never went for, but always wonder what it would have been like? 

For me, it was a couple of signature models.. a Jerry Horton (papa roach) schecter in red with the black cockroach image after the bridge.. must have been sometime after 2002 when the lovehatetragedy album was released, with the guitar in question on the rear of the album cover. 

The other one was also a long time ago, in my guitar infancy, and so I've never seen or been able to find one ever since.. it was an Ibanez.. whether it was a legit signature or a custom made or diy build I dont know.. 
But the guitarist Chad Ginsburg of a band called cky played a black one for a long time, with the yellow and red cky logo basically taking up the entire body. 

Saw one on ebay, maybe 10+ years ago and can't remember a damn thing about it, except that it looked great... 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Im going to politely speculate not that buying the papa roach guys signature guitar was in fact a wise decision
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • 54 Les Paul Gold Top - I'm not really a fan of LPs but that was a beautiful sounding guitar. Near mint and £850 (in 1983 iirc).
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    A custom BC rich Gunslinger that was made for Tony Macalpine. Reason for not buying was because one of the guys in the shop was a tosser and kept making comments about people. Didn't want to give the shop my money.
  • Too many to mention! Ive missed a 77 les paul deluxe conversion that sold for a grand. I've missed an 80s guild dreadnought 12 string like stevie Ray Vaughans that went for 975. The list goes on and doesn't include the one I couldn't afford at the time. Depressing to think through them all
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Two immediately spring to mind, both TV Juniors funnily enough. 

One was a '59 DC TV Model that used to belong to Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes that appeared on eBay and was there for quite some time, the guitar was WAY out of reach financially (around 4k) but I was contemplating selling a load of gear and I could have just about afforded it, then it sold. I last saw it for sale with a dealer in Holland for £14k!

The other was another '59 DC TV model that was ex. Mick Ralphs, a dealer pal of mine had it in and contacted me, again I was cash poor so passed on it - then it was immediately snapped up by another dealer in the North West, who added a grand and contacted me again, I politely declined! Now resides with a forum member, that one.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I procrastinated over a beautiful relic Nash strat, and it got sold. I still have the pictures on my wall at work 5 years later. I've seen a lot of other Nash's and none of them appealed at all. This one really looked special.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    Hey @ICBM was there ever a guitar you wish you'd bought but didn't?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loads.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    I know which guitar @ICBM will mention...

For me, it's either the EBMM Van Halen that I passed on for 300/400 quid or the 500 quid 1970 Les Paul Custom...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Hey @ICBM was there ever a guitar you wish you'd bought but didn't?
    lol

Squier Vista Series Jagmaster

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    Yeah, MIA or MIJ Sambora Strats.  Missed the boat sadly.
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Yep for me probably both wise decisions haha! Then again I would have been 17 or so at the time! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BigKevBigKev Frets: 10
    I have a guitar for sale in the classifieds, don't miss any more guys !!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    An Ibanez AS-193.

I managed to miss one new and two used.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    A 60s Comp Stang and LPB Jag in a US pawn shop... for $250 each
    Stop crying, start buying
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Beautiful 1993 Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro V in Emerald green with gold fittings, 9 p/up combinations, SD p/ups, special inlays, & original Eggle (Hitchcocks) hard case.  I was bidding on EBay but had a family emergency & couldn't get back on site - it went for £450 and must be worth double that now.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited February 2017
    miserneil said:
    Two immediately spring to mind, both TV Juniors funnily enough. 

One was a '59 DC TV Model that used to belong to Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes that appeared on eBay and was there for quite some time, the guitar was WAY out of reach financially (around 4k) but I was contemplating selling a load of gear and I could have just about afforded it, then it sold. I last saw it for sale with a dealer in Holland for £14k!

The other was another '59 DC TV model that was ex. Mick Ralphs, a dealer pal of mine had it in and contacted me, again I was cash poor so passed on it - then it was immediately snapped up by another dealer in the North West, who added a grand and contacted me again, I politely declined! Now resides with a forum member, that one.

Blimey to the Black Crowes one...I'm only a pm away remember...next time..
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    A white LP Custom. 

I was 16 and had taken the bus into town, went into the guitar shop and there was the LPC that had just come in as a part ex. I had inherited a little bit of money so I asked the bloke how much, £1000 he said.
    I asked if he would hold it for me while I went home to get the rest of the cash, I gave him £50 deposit and got the first bus home. Got back to the shop an hour later, and it was the most excited I've ever been. 

Bloke then gave me the £50 back and said he'd just sold it to someone who came in after I left. 

Complete bollocks of course, he assumed a 16yr old wouldn't have £1000 but then likely just hid it out of sight when I returned. 

Got one now though!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw an Ibanez RG550 for £90 Buy It Now on eBay, but I was not quick enough at pressing the relevant button!

Twice now I have passed over Washburn NX6 hardtails (as rare as the proverbial wooden equine droppings) and had pangs of regret.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited February 2017
    Once in the DV247 B stock Monday countdown era was a Met Bronze Fender Tele that was down to £235 with a prospect of another -10% in just 2 days to come. I would have pulled the trigger then.... but...

Also last year was getting ready to get a Raygun Relics LP DC Jr - but he has stopped these now... damn....

http://www.keithsguitars.net/wp-content/gallery/ft1/Fender-Telecaster-2.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>