Blackface heads. Prosonic or Deluxe Reverb?

Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
It looks like my options regarding a blackface type Fender head are narrowing down on the basis of just what seems to be available.

If it was a choice between a Prosonic head or a Deluxe Reverb head, which would get me closest to "classic blackface" tone. I would even consider getting the amp tweaked if that was what was needed to get me there tonally.

Anyone any thoughts/advice?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Deluxe Reverb, absolutely. It's the epitome of BF Fender tone. It's marvellous when cranked as well.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I feel like I'm a stuck record. DrZ EZG.  
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    hywelg said:
    I feel like I'm a stuck record. DrZ EZG.  
    Not ignoring your advice mate, just had the opportunity to buy either of the above options at a very good price. An EZG would be great but just a shade too expensive used for me at the moment. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Fair enough Rob. Don't dismiss the Dr Z Cure either, a lot cheaper and supposedly the non-trem side of a Deluxe. 

• I had a Prosonic combo, loved it, should never have sold it - but a Deluxe Reverb trumps it in just about every respect.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • I'm interested to see what the suggestions are. I'm also after a blackface head but more of a low watt princeton concoction without term.