Shelves / Shelving / Storage...

What's Hot
A little while ago, possibly in a thread a vinyl, someone posted a picture of an awesome shelving/storage unit.  

I think it held a guitar amp, TV, games console, LP's, CD's, the lot.....  It inspired me to do something similar in our 'boys' room at home. 

The only problem is that that being a bit dense, I didn't save the photo and now can't find it anywhere!

Can anyone help?   I may have dreamt it of course, in which case feel free to ignore. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There is a decent chance it came from IKEA if you've not yet checked their site
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    There is a decent chance it came from IKEA if you've not yet checked their site
    I think it was a custom built job.   Some of the Ikea stuff is good, but not this good... :)
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Kallax from Ikea is perfect for vinyl. I'm sure it has some desk and draw options too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Reverend said:
    Kallax from Ikea is perfect for vinyl. I'm sure it has some desk and draw options too. 
    We have two Kallax Units, they're great. And the optional cupboard doors are great too.

Not the best pic, but you get the idea. Also, our TV looks ridiculous here - definitely in need of an upgrade. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I have a 4x4 and 2 2x2 units for vinyl. I have about 100 LPs that won;t fit in at the moment so time for some shopping in Ikea. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    I remember the pic you mean, @RobDavies - was it @strumjoughlamps ?
  • don't think it was me I have an Ikea jobby, it has been on its side with amps etc on but it certainly was not 'awesome'

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    joneve said:
    Reverend said:
    We have two Kallax Units, they're great. And the optional cupboard doors are great too.

Not the best pic, but you get the idea. Also, our TV looks ridiculous here - definitely in need of an upgrade. 
    If that's a full-size guitar in the right-hand unit you must have a huge house.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited February 2017
    Wasn't there a thread where someone built their own units for a music room. Had built in guitar racks and an amp shelf. That the one you're talking about @RobDavies?  
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Try Pinterest for ideas / inspiration. 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2017
    @RobDavies ;; was it the one contained inside a wardrobe with fold/slide out bits and a pedal board and amp and everything etc. storage?  I remember seeing that one on here somewhere a while ago.

Chances are it's still on here.......somewhere.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    don't think it was me I have an Ikea jobby, it has been on its side with amps etc on but it certainly was not 'awesome'

Oops, sorry squire - my memory ain't what it used to be!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I'm not even sure the one I remember was on here.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock