The iOS Recording Thread

Righto. I'm really enjoying using my ipad/iphone.

Does anyone have experience with Audiobus, Jamup, Garageband and any other DAW type apps? I've already got those mentioned and hugely prefer Jamup to GB for amp modelling but want something more powerful for recording, at least with some automation options if possible.

Multitrack DAW is recommended online but a second opinion is always good. Anyone used it or something similar?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd be interested in this too.

I've got audiobus which is a handy tool but I found it a little tricky to get used to, this probably says more about me than the app though!

I've got the demos of JamUp and Amplitube, both are £6.99 atm for the full versions but not sure which one to go for.

Does the Line 6 Pod app work with iRig or do you need the L6 adapter?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27497

I've got the demos of JamUp and Amplitube, both are £6.99 atm for the full versions but not sure which one to go for.

I started with Amplitube, but now prefer JamUp.  It seems to have more options for better quality add-ons (amp sims, fx, 8-track, etc) but they're both pretty similar in functionality as far as I can see.

Amplitube has a DAW add-on, which I've not seen for JamUp.  Yet.  I guess it'll be released sometime.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    AFIAK all the adaptors work with all the apps, but I haven't tried Amplitube and the L6 stuff so not certain.

I love Jamup for guitar sounds, and in particular its mp3 jam-along doohicky with looping and pitch changing and slowdowning. REALLY useful for learning tricky passages, especially if you're transposing. They have regular sales and updates (a couple of the model expansion packs are cheaper atm iirc). Not sure if Amplitube has the same setup.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I wish Native Instruments would release Guitar Rig iOS.

I've tried running GR with the session interface from my PC into Garageband via the iRig, it worked the first time but sounded weird the next time I tried. Not sure if I did anything different - iirc I took a line from the headphone out on the session i/o to the input of the iRig then selcted audio recorder on GB.

So far I've not been overly impressed with any iOS amp models but would like to try running a modeller (pocket pod etc) into the iPad via iRig. They're ok for messing around but I'd like to try other methods for recording.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I use an iRig with GarageBand on my iPhone to get demos down. I have been very happy with it, and using the smart instruments is great, and very easy to back up the guitar parts until you can play it with your band or record it properly.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Actually I did enjoy trying to play metallica songs on the screen guitar, bloody hard actually. probably easier if your a keyboardist.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ