NGD :)

strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3291
edited February 2017 in Guitar
been a while since I could say that, mainly because of no money but also because my quantity of quality attitude has taken a turn for the better. I now try to buy 'keepers'

quick phone pic cos no doubt you all seen it in the classifieds..

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Nice, I've been curious about the P-rails, how are they wired and do they sound good?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839 said:
    Nice, I've been curious about the P-rails, how are they wired and do they sound good?

literally only had it for 1 hour, guitar is sounding blooming great, that triple shot switching system is genius.. but I cannot answer your Q as I don't know what is down to the guitar and what is down to the pups.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Glad somebody finally bought that from Tony, 'tis a lovely thing. Enjoy. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Lovely. Congratulations mate.
  • andy1839 said:

I had a Pacifica 510v that had a single P-rails pickup. They're pretty hot, sounded more "modern" than "vintage"- it suited the guitar though & the tone just got thicker from single->P90->HB. 
    Having a pair would be great. 
  • It is totally lovely, any clearly brilliantly built,  just don't try and sell it! As you will be wait decades!:D
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    Looks great.  But sorry I have missed what guitar this is.  Do you have a link to the ad?
  • bassbora said:
    Looks great.  But sorry I have missed what guitar this is.  Do you have a link to the ad?
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/80865/sold-a-nathan-sheppard-bargain#latest
  • Yes - top notch.  And yes - SD P-Rails do sound great  :)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Looks very cool. Nice one. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28538

I had a Pacifica 510v that had a single P-rails pickup. They're pretty hot, sounded more "modern" than "vintage"- it suited the guitar though & the tone just got thicker from single->P90->HB. 
    Having a pair would be great. 
    Always seems odd to me that people had rail/P90/series options but not the parallel wiring, which I found much more usable than the rail on its own.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    edited February 2017
    ^ And also only the one pickup... so, you add (arguably) one of the most versatile pickups there is to a guitar... but then only add one of them.  s

I've never tried P-rails, but if it had had two of them (especially at the prices they eventually ended up being blown out for, though I realise a double-pickup model would likely have had to cost a bit more) I'd have been tempted.

Lovely guitar in the OP, though :D