SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 2016 Gibson R8 - Lemonburst

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
edited March 2017 in Guitars £
Yes, it's that R8.

This is as new. It's a couple of months in my possession. It's been played very little - there are no marks, no knocks, no scratches, no dings. Nothing. Nada. 

It's a Peach Guitars handpicked special - retail at £3799

Original case, all case candy including COA and everything that came in the box when new. And it's lemonburst...

No trades - I'm not using it, and the money is going into the vintage bass pot. £2750

I'm near Peterborough. If you are even remotely near the east, or on a work route, then I will hand deliver. I'll meet up with you up to about 2 hours away from home, or you can pop over here and try it to your hearts content. I'll lavish you with as many photos as you like - but usual rules apply: It isn't sold until the cash is in my grubby mitts. (Which means, yes, you might get gazumped if someone is quick or if you dither). 

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Beautiful, have an early and probably pointless bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Trades?   B)

It's a stunner sir and fits my bill in about 18 months from now.   :-( 
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    Another pointless early bump...

If you'd been selling this three weeks ago... and, er, for at least two and a half grand less(!)... (hehe) then I wouldn't have bought my lovely Standard Faded in Honeyburst - so luckily I'm almost immune to GAS over this... just filled with vicarious admiration.

That is truly a stunner.
    GLWTS

(Assuming it all works out, I'm probably going to drool over the 60s Jazz more anyway)
  • Nice top.
  • Oh go on then @Bridgehouse, you forced my arm. I knew this would happen yesterday. Yes, yes I will trade you for the baby Dean 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Oh go on then @Bridgehouse, you forced my arm. I knew this would happen yesterday. Yes, yes I will trade you for the baby Dean 
    Really?

You sure?

This R8 will be too small for you.....  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah but I will take one for the FB team mate ;-)

in all seriousness mate that is a stunning guitar GLWTS 
  • Very nice....shame there's no trades..!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    skaguitar said:
    Very nice....shame there's no trades..!
    I would, naturally, part trade for a 60's Fender Bass... ;)

However, I suspect my target audience wouldn't have such an instrument gathering dust under the bed!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    That's so beautiful I could cry
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Ahhh Mark, what are you doing to me mate!  You know I think your lemonburst is lovely ... but its such lousy timing as I won't have available funds coming through from various sources until second part of the year.  weep
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Voxman said:
    Ahhh Mark, what are you doing to me mate!  You know I think your lemonburst is lovely ... but its such lousy timing as I won't have available funds coming through from various sources until second part of the year.  weep
    It might be still being bumped then ;)
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    edited February 2017
    I have a 60s Hofner Senator bass you can have in a straight trade. Everyone knows they're better than those boring old Fenders.... :D
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    edited February 2017
    Trude said:
    I have a 60s Hofner Senator bass you can have in a straight trade. Everyone knows they're better than those boring old Fenders.... D
    Didn't you mean to post this in one of my other ads? You know, the one for the pack of strings I have for trade? ;)
  • dcgdcg Frets: 230
    Could you please let us know the weight (I know it's a pain to lug the poor thing on to the scales, but my back asked me to ask you)?  Thanks.
    dcg said:
    Could you please let us know the weight (I know it's a pain to lug the poor thing on to the scales, but my back asked me to ask you)?  Thanks.
    Yep - once I'm back from B and bloody Q I will do
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    I would have been round at yours with the cash at 8.00 this morning - had the price been £275.00 as I first read it :-)

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Right, it's been on the scales.

To make @Voxman feel better - it's 8st 9lbs mate..

@mikeyrob73 - to you mate it's 2lb 4oz and is 13" long..

For everyone else, it's a shade over 8lbs and 8oz..

• Trade deals off then @Bridgehouse ;

its just too big and heavy