Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Volume Pedal Rant.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    For years I used the old Schaller Fussschweller which worked fine - after compressor and before everything else - without any problem.
    I now have the Boss FV50H which is adequate for what I need, after compression, POG, some dirt and before everything else. Only reason I changed is that the Boss is a bit smaller!
    I've tried several over the years and have always preferred the Schaller.I had to remove the back-stops on my original one to get down to zero-volume though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ernie ball is your friend.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Ernie ball is your friend.
    Until his string breaks, and then you want to kill him with extreme violence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Ernie ball is your friend.
    Until his string breaks, and then you want to kill him with extreme violence.
    Well obviously, but I've never had a sting break in almost 10 years of using them. Which is purely anecdotal, obviously, but certainly true. Is it *that* hard to replace? Don't you just need a carefully-unbent-then-re-bent paperclip? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    stickyfiddle said:

Is it *that* hard to replace? Don't you just need a carefully-unbent-then-re-bent paperclip? 
    I can tell you've never had to do one :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The string on an EB is an absolute fucking nightmare to replace. I watched a friend spend an hour and a half trying to fix one before he  managed it.  He was on the verge of junking it and buying a new one online  after an hour.

Naturally I sat there drinking coffee, eating biscuits, and making helpful comments all the time. What else are mates for?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Well, if you need a Boss FV500H, I have one sat on my desk 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6146
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    The Lehle: I think, in fairness, it's faulty. There's a huge vol boost coming in and out. Just annoying.
    you know the lehle has a built in booster? that you can turn all the way down.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    If I were to get one, I would get a Cry Baby and replace the gubbins with a passive pot, eg. a CTS 250k or 500k A/log one (just like the ones inside the guitar).
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Gassage said:
    The Lehle: I think, in fairness, it's faulty. There's a huge vol boost coming in and out. Just annoying.
    you know the lehle has a built in booster? that you can turn all the way down.
    Sounds like a fault. 

I do really like mine, my favourite volume pedal, but it is very frictionless. I find it similar to my old Mayer wah in that regard.

• I've never had a volume pedal which was quite as good as a tele volume pot.  So much so that any guitar with 2 volume pots in an unusable position feels like a compromise.  
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Absolutely adore my Lehle.