Amp modeling /IR

mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
so I've downloaded and purchased some cabs from Two Notes... I'm using amplitube with the cans switched off and I just say I am absolutely blown away (gunna try with the effects loop from my boogie tomorrow) and it got me pondering .. has amp modeling got better recently iris it that the cab emulation (IR) has improved ? When I hear helix's I can still hear a bit of pod-iness but with aftermarket impulses the tone is greatly improved ... thoughts? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Cabs not cans switched off :-) 
  • It's both that have improved in recent years.

Picking the right IR does make a big difference with any unit, it just depends if the in built ones do the sounds you want. I have amplitube 3 and don't think the inbuilt cabs are that great so makes sense the Two Notes cabs are an improvement.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If you can hear 'podliness' in the Helix then you have better ears than I do :)
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    edited February 2017
    John_A said:
    If you can hear 'podliness' in the Helix then you have better ears than I do
    I'm not sure about that, I have misophonia, I think a side affect of this is hearing 'unpleasant' things louder than most .... for me, there something horrible going on with the upper middle (prob around 2-5k?) but maybe it's me 
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Check out Rosen Digital too, seriously good IRs. There's a bunch of cab/amp modelling pedals incoming too (Digitech, Neunaber etc), this technology is getting better all the time.
  • If we're recommending companies Ownhammer has consistently been excellent IMO, good value for money too.