Pedal having a hissy fit. Advice please...

What's Hot
GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
So, I've got this Joyo AC tone that's quite hissy. Using GigRig generator and distributors, everything else is fine. How to stop the hiss, please folks? Noise gate? 
Never ever bloody anything, ever!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Put a PROEL DS10 after it... 

or

change cables

or

play louder
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2017
    If it was a delay pedal having a hissy fit, I'd say just give it a slap-back - that would teach it! hehehe

But for the Joyo, I think your choices are limited - either add a noise-gate, or swap it for a quieter pedal.  You could experiment with pedal order of course, to see if that might help, or look to see if another pedal is aggravating the problem eg a compressor or other distortion. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    My joyo American sound developed a hiss after keeping it in storage for some months when I wasn't using it. I don't recommend this series of pedals. They are cheap and good when they work, but unfortunately are also unreliable. 
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited February 2017
    It's just the same as buying anything else that cheap and Chinese. You just have to factor in that at some point it's likely to fail on you and at that point you throw it away and buy another.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I had an American Sound and found the inherent noise just too irritating. They are cheap for a reason (although in fairness I've had noisy 'boutique' pedals too). Try it against the pedal it is a blatant copy of.
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the responses peeps. So apparently, it's cloned from the Tech 21 SansAmp Liverpool Pedal - 'Vox in a box' but I'm playing through an AC 30 CC2x anyway. I got the AC Tone originally, as a spare 'amp' in case the Vox lets me down, and I could go DI via the AC Tone to save carrying a spare amp, but it's proved useful on my board to give me more EQ options.