Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone want a 59 Les Paul Ex Kiss

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    It's bloody beautiful but offers near seven figures? Jesus. 
  • If it is genuine, it's clearly a stunning example - but the artist association is likely to be next to worthless. 

I think @Bridgehouse's Les Paul in the classifieds is probably a better buy overall....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If it is genuine, it's clearly a stunning example - but the artist association is likely to be next to worthless. 

I think @Bridgehouse's Les Paul in the classifieds is probably a better buy overall....
    Better artist association, as well....
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Too fancy for my liking, as it goes..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7002
    Looks as legit as a nine bob note.  No '59 Les Paul would've had a flame as severe as that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    Looks as legit as a nine bob note.  No '59 Les Paul would've had a flame as severe as that.
    Check out the flame on this:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    I hate the flame too so I'm out
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Oh yeah, of course I want it.....affording it though....is another matter entirely...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    miserneil said:
    Oh yeah, of course I want it.....affording it though....is another matter entirely...
    I could knock a few quid off if you wanted it that much mate... ;)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2017
    rico said:
    or even  - 'holy Moses!'  $1m!! jawdrop

Anyway, spoke to Jesus, he said "bugger that - I don't have that type of money spare!  Do you have any idea how much 5,000 loaves of bread and fish cost every day at todays prices!?"  So, he won't be bidding on this one.

I also spoke to Moses too (just to keep things balanced, although both are nice Jewish boys of course anyway) and he said he wasn't sure if it was legit - he'd have to check with his 'staff'.  But there was no way he was schlapping a heavy Les Paul round the desert for 40 years, with no where to plug in - so, he won't be bidding either.  He did remind me that he's also got to schlapp around the 10 commandment tablets too - and said he thought the seller had bigger stones than he had to ask that price!

Those are the only two I can think of who might be able to pull off a miracle and buy at that price.  But at least I tried.   hehehe
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    or even  - 'holy Moses!'  $1m!! jawdrop

Anyway, spoke to Jesus, he said "bugger that - I don't have that type of money spare!  Do you have any idea how much 5,000 loaves of bread and fish cost every day at todays prices!?"  So, he won't be bidding on this one.

I also spoke to Moses too (just to keep things balanced, although both are nice Jewish boys of course anyway) and he said he wasn't sure if it was legit - he's have to ask his staff.  But there was no way he was schlapping a heavy Les Paul round the desert for 40 years, with no where to plug in - so, he won't be bidding either.  He did remind me that he's also got to schlapp around the 10 commandment tablets too - and said he thought the seller had bigger stones than he had to ask that price!

Those are the only two I can think of who might be able to pull off a miracle and buy at that price.  But at least I tried.   hehehe

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:
    It's legit.

And the seller is well known, if a little... eccentric.

http://www.unclelou.com/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    It's legit.

Did Ace sell it to him to get money for more makeup?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com/TheFrehleyBurst.html
    Legit - as an old Kiss fan I've seen enough pics of that guitar over the years - he never toured it but often in the studio

It is noted as one of the more figured bursts from that era

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Cols said:
    It's legit.

What a fabulous website, tons of info, superb references from well known names, and anyone called Uncle Lou must be a good trustworthy guy.  I'm convinced - cheques in the post Lou!  Honest!saint 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Legit or not, 7 figures for some wood and wires, no matter how you look at it is beyond the bounds of any of us on here.

Each to their own but imho, it's all just a bit silly.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com/TheFrehleyBurst.html
    Legit - as an old Kiss fan I've seen enough pics of that guitar over the years - he never toured it but often in the studio

It is noted as one of the more figured bursts from that era
    How much for the boots??
    :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Cols said:
    What are you talking about?! It's a known example sold by a known seller. It's completely legit, albeit ambitiously priced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    edited February 2017
    Cols said:
    2 59 Bursts for sale at Rumbleseat, both bringing the flame: http://rumbleseatmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/59GibsonLesPaulStandardCarmelitafront.jpg http://rumbleseatmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/59GibsonLesPaulStandardSBfront.jpg
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I'd rather have a go on Gene Simmons' missus...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>