Durham Crazy Horse questions

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's used one of these?  I'm building the fuzzdog/poodle Mad Mule kit, and have the board populated and ready to go.  Anyway...

...How does it sound with the guitar volume backed off?  I was watching an old PGS demo video, and during the first 30 seconds or so, Andy clearly starts with it backed off and then winds it up.  Sounds fantastic to me, and has me thinking about adding a simple pre-gain pot (and possibly a bypass foot switch) so I could go from hairy to beware-y a little easier.

...Any chain placement issues?  Being as it's basically a drive into fuzzface-y sections, I can't imagine there'd be much to worry about.

Cheers!
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a DCH on my board,atm I'm changing my studio around and when I've finished I'll let you know
    a few things about it.
  • I have a DCH on my board,atm I'm changing my studio around and when I've finished I'll let you know
    a few things about it.
    Cool, anything you can share is much appreciated.

Here's the PGS vid I was talking about BTW.  Sounds like the volume is backed off until about 0:28, and then dimed.  Loving both sounds, so definitely tempted to add in a foot switchable pre-gain control.

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Well, I ploughed ahead and did it, and it's a doozy!  The laser transfer was a bit patchy, but it actually looks quite old-timey, and fits the Crazy Horse theme pretty well...

...it stacks nicely with some of my other drives and fuzzes (great with a Digitech Screamin Blues, and currently liking it a lot with a Superfuzz in front of it).  With the pregain knocked back, it gives a really usable lower-gain hairy/cleanish-drive.  It's basically just a 1M audio pot feeding the circuit input, which I've made foot switchable and given its own LED.  The board is the poodle/fuzzdog one...it's mounted vertically (along the left-hand side as seen from above) to the Drive and Fuzz pots only, and I've run off-board wires to all the other pots...I didn't want a Zvex-style sideways layout, and doing it this way gave me room to do top-mounted jacks and DC in.